Skip to content
Botox for incontinence?
wojack posted:
Well, I am a veteran of several medications for my bladder control....none seems to work. Now, my dr. has just mentioned botox in passing and says she will talk more about it during the next appt. Anyone know any practical info about how it works and IF it works... Please tell me about your experience with this form of treatment.

valmi responded:
I see you didn't receive receive any reply in 3 years... Did you find a solution. Same case for me. I am considering implant for sacral neuromodulation. I would like to have exchanges with you.

cayce93 replied to valmi's response:
I, too, have been on a variety of meds for years, specifically Vesicare 10 mg at this time. Without a "control", I'm not sure how well it is working. Because of the frequent and, often, urgent urination trips, a newly referred urologist has suggested the Botox and the Medtronic, a sacral neuromodulation system. The latter sounds better to me, but I'm still thinking. Medtronic has an "Ambassador" program, a way to talk to people who have used it. I haven't gone on that website yet, but I think I will. I would be interested in others' experience.

An_261553 responded:
2.5 years, i have been gettig up, every hour....hour and a half, before i can get to the bathroom..........it shoots out of me. urologist has scoped me.........kayopite in the ureatha, and then botox, in the bladder. but after a while it was happening again and then 7-8 months later.......both at the same time. seemed to work good, the first time. but gradually, even though there is low dose antibiotic, and peroids of big antibiotics. now , big infectio, loosing urine, frequent........i have not slept through the night, for almost 3 years. and the sharp a frequent low abdomain pain (like period cramps). just a few more days of medicine. i can not do this. p e a c e

Helpful Tips

Tips for Keeping your Bladder HealthyExpert
Like so many parts of our bodies, your brain, your bladder and the muscles that control your bladder are always communicating. When your ... More
Was this Helpful?
18 of 31 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit Diane Newman's website