Skip to content
oab
makayj posted:
am a 57 year old woman-post menapause....one month ago i spent 2 sleepless nights urinating every 5 minutes....i mean full bladder urinating....thought it was some sort of wacky uti as i am prone to them....had urine tested no infection...i was diagnosed with oab...gived a samp;e of detrol which helped somewhat then given toviaz which worked well....but it seems that there are good days and bad days....mostly bad nights...i was wondering if this is common..i mean to say is it normal to feel ok and then feel like i have to urinate even if i just did.....i wont worry if this is a normal thing,,,i read somewhere that its common in postmemopausal woman

MaryatTheQOL responded:
This is more common than you probably thought, and millions of women are affected by it as well! So you're definitely not alone. OAB and urinary incontinence are common occurrences for women after giving birth and postmenopausal. There's a lot of changes occurring in your body during both these natural times. Are you still experiencing bladder leakage and urination during the night occasionally? If you are, I really recommend The Quality of Life store (http://www.theqolstore.com). They provide high quality products for daily and nighttime protection. Check out their website, since they provide products with the highest scores in absorbency and protection. Best part is they provide free shipping and it comes in discreet packaging! Thanks for sharing your story!!

makayj replied to MaryatTheQOL's response:
Thanks for sharing.... I am on toviaz now and I wonder why it works perfectly but every now and then I get a recurrence like I'm not even on meds... Right now I feel crapy ....I was up every 2 hours urinating or the past 5 days.... Is this a normal thing or do I need to think of changing medications

MaryatTheQOL replied to makayj's response:
Oh no, I'm sorry to hear the medication hasn't been working lately! I can't give you expert advice, but it obviously doesn't sound like it's helping to the level it should be. I would say to let your doctor know that lately you haven't been able to sleep without bladder leakage. They will give you the best advice and might have a different medication they recommend!

Helpful Tips

Tips for Keeping your Bladder HealthyExpert
Like so many parts of our bodies, your brain, your bladder and the muscles that control your bladder are always communicating. When your ... More
Was this Helpful?
18 of 31 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit Diane Newman's website