Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

We will be discontinuing this community as of April 1, 2014. We value and appreciate your participation in this community and hope that you will continue to post your questions in the WebMD Digestive Disorders Community.
Medtronic Interstim Therapy
An_253126 posted:
I just had surgery having the Medtronic Interstim Therapy for bowel control. I was wondering if going in places like Walmart will be a problem? Will I set off any alarms?

Take the Poll

I have the Medtronic Interstim Therapy for bowel control. Will I set off any alarms when I enter places like Walmart?
  • Alarms
  • Entering certain businesses
vote
View Poll Results

antonio1776 responded:
NO...the alarms that go off is not because the detection of metal, its because of a detection of a sensor that they place in their products and clothing. It will set off metal detectors like airports and security buildings.

Helpful Tips

How to prevent UTIsExpert
Changing some of your daily habits may help you avoid urinary tract infections. Drink lots of fluid to flush the bacteria from your ... More
Was this Helpful?
19 of 32 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit Diane Newman's website