Skip to content
Frequent Urination
An_256098 posted:
I am having lots of frequent urination. I have had urinalysis and I have tested my kidneys. My biggest question is that I go frequently in the day, but not at night. Does that indicate I don't have an overactive bladder?

atti_editor responded:
Hello,

According to this article , overactive bladder syndrome is generally characterized by having to wake to use the restroom once or more during the night, but just because you don't have this symptom doesn't necessarily mean you don't have OAB. I suggest you speak with your doctor about what your symptoms would be classified as, and any treatment options he/she recommends. I assume that the tests you mention above all came back clear? The link above has some home treatment tips for frequent urination that you might try, including bladder training exercises and monitoring fluid intake.

Best wishes,
Atti

Helpful Tips

Diet and Incontinence
Did you know that dietary changes like avoiding chocolate and soda can help reduce incontinence? More
Was this Helpful?
9 of 16 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit Diane Newman's website