Skip to content


    Exciting News for WebMD Members!

    We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

    And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

    What Do You Need to Do?

    The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

    Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

    Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

    detrusitol overactivity please help
    An_256531 posted:
    hi, im a 23 year old female last year i got diagnosed with detrusor overactivity (sudden urge no leak) i tried versicare, ditropan and a couple other medications... im currently on detrusitol 2mg. 2 times a day...its hard trying to work in fast food.. and keeping a happy relationship i feel deppresed as i might loose him over this. and might lose my job.. it gets worse when its cold and winter is around the corner please help me
    msdee17012 responded:
    You must find a doctor who specializes in Women with Bladder Issues. I do not want to scare you. There are doctors who have excellent records and will tell you that they have worked with caring for women. That is not enough. You must ask them do they have any publications, editorials on subjects in regard to women and bladder issues. What type of credentials in treating women do you have. What city do you reside in. Read articles by doctors like, Dr. Nitti, Dr. Blavias, Dr. Santos, Dr. Richard Santucci., Dr. Rutman want doctors who are trained in diagnoising WOMEN I learned the hard way from a misdiagnois that I am still dealing with because the doctor who misdiagnois me went to the best schools, yes he said he worked with women, but later found out that was not his speciality,.....WORKING WITH WOMEN WITH BLADDER AND PELVIC CONDITIONS.

    Helpful Tips

    Overactive Bladder ? Don?t Suffer in SilenceExpert
    Considered abnormal at any age, overactive bladder is a very common condition that affects both men and women but is more common in women. ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    31 of 42 found this helpful

    Related Drug Reviews

    • Drug Name User Reviews

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

    For more information, visit Diane Newman's website