Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Ovulation right after periods. Is it possible?
Sitamani posted:
Hi, I am 29 and my husband 32. we have been trying since last one year and no success yet.
My question is : Is it possible to ovulate on 5th 6th day of your cycle?
I usually have very short cycles of 25 days which lasts for 2-3 days max.
I feel like having few of the symptoms of ovulation on 5th 6th days of my cycle.
I am trying hard to be patient with this whole process. Wish me strength frnds.

magnoliameg responded:
I have heard other women say that they do, but I would get the OPK's and start taking them on day 4 through until you get a positive result. My Dr. gave me dip sticks but I was having a heck of a time reading the lines, there was always 2 with one fainter & it was too hard for me. I got the Clearblue that has a smiley face when it's positive and a blank circle when it's not. Then you will know for sure when you are ovulating and you can make sure you are having sex when you need to. Hope it happens soon for you!

Featuring Experts

Dr. Copland brings scientific understanding, sincerity, and empathy to her medical practice in assisted reproduction.Dr. Copland pursued an undergrad...More

Helpful Tips

New Committee Opinion on Female Fertility TestingExpert
New Guidelines on Fertility Testing! American Society for Reproductive Medicine (ASRM) released a Committee Opinion on evaluation of the ... More
Was this Helpful?
6 of 6 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Fertility Center