Skip to content


    Exciting News for WebMD Members!

    We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

    And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

    What Do You Need to Do?

    The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

    Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

    Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

    An_254165 posted:
    Hi, I have been trying so hard to get pregnant by a man that already has 3 kids with someone else. We started talking about babies when I was a senior in college. Years later and still no baby with each other. I am worried that something is wrong with me because we have been having unprotected sex for a long time and all other functions of my body seems to be okay. I don't know if it is my weight that is keeping me from conceiving or if it just wasn't meant for me to be a mother. I have never had a PAP test done because I just didn't think it mattered much. What would be the best solution for me?
    georgiagail responded:
    You are sexually active and you've never had a PAP test?

    An_254165 replied to georgiagail's response:
    That's what she said. I guess she should get one done as soon as possible.

    Helpful Tips

    trying to conceive tip
    My OBGYN Lady Doctor told me to count 10 days from day one of your period... so I just started my period Friday December 2nd, so I will ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    10 of 10 found this helpful

    Related Drug Reviews

    • Drug Name User Reviews

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

    For more information, visit the Duke Fertility Center