Find Information About:

Drugs & Supplements

Get information and reviews on prescription drugs, over-the-counter medications, vitamins, and supplements. Search by name or medical condition.

Pill Identifier

Pill Identifier

Having trouble identifying your pills?

Enter the shape, color, or imprint of your prescription or OTC drug. Our pill identification tool will display pictures that you can compare to your pill.

Get Started

My Medicine

Save your medicine, check interactions, sign up for FDA alerts, create family profiles and more.

Get Started

WebMD Health Experts and Community

Talk to health experts and other people like you in WebMD's Communities. It's a safe forum where you can create or participate in support groups and discussions about health topics that interest you.

  • Second Opinion

    Second Opinion

    Read expert perspectives on popular health topics.

  • Community


    Connect with people like you, and get expert guidance on living a healthy life.

Got a health question? Get answers provided by leading organizations, doctors, and experts.

Get Answers

Sign up to receive WebMD's award-winning content delivered to your inbox.

Sign Up


All communities will be placed in read-only mode (you will be able to see and search for posts but not start or reply to discussions) as we conduct maintenance. We will make another announcement when posting is re-opened. Thank you for your continued support and patience, and if you have any further questions, please email

Yours in health,
WebMD Community Management

injury caused infertility
An_191477 posted:
I had pevlic fractures when I was 20 and endometriosis when I was 23 and was diagnosed with a tilted uterus at 25. I was told by several doctors (military, VA, and civilian) that I'm not able to have children. I have been ok with it up until a few months ago. Now I really want to have a child. I can't even try though because my husband got used to the idea of not having children and so now doesn't want to. I have two questions:

1. Is there a way to find out if I am infertile/sterile? If so, what?
2. What can I do to stop wanting children, given my situation?
wantingbaby123 responded:
If you want children, im not really sure if there IS a way to stop wanting children. I think that the only way you can be at peace with yourself is if you go and get checked out by a dr to see if you really can't have kids or not. If there is 100% no way for you to get pregnant, than i suggest joining a support group. There are so many women in your position. You could also look into adoption or becoming a foster parent. A lot of children need your help. On the other hand, if the dr says there is a chance that you could get pregnant (if its natural or through IVF or whatever it is) I think you should talk to your husband about it and give it a shot. Like the saying goes..."You never know until you try".
I really wish you the best of luck. Either way, i think a support group would be helpful. You need to know that you are not alone....and trust me....YOU ARE NOT ALONE.
An_191478 replied to wantingbaby123's response:
Thank you so much for your kind reply! It really helps knowing someone understands how I feel. I just want to have a child, be it my own or adopted. But my husband doesn't want any, although people sometimes change their minds about it later on. He's being really supportive, though, in trying to understand how I feel. I just feel like I'm driving myself crazy thinking about it, even when I try not to, and just want to stop breaking down in tears when so many family and friends are having children now.

Does anyone know what test(s) are available to find out if I am infertile/sterile?
sherylfaye replied to wantingbaby123's response:
IM 43 years and soon to be married in april 2014 I want to sstart a family

Featuring Experts

David Walmer, MD, PhD is a reproductive endocrinologist and infertility specialist at Atlantic Reproductive Medicine Specialists . During his 25 year...More

Helpful Tips

trying to conceive tip
My OBGYN Lady Doctor told me to count 10 days from day one of your period... so I just started my period Friday December 2nd, so I will ... More
Was this Helpful?
10 of 10 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related Drug Reviews

  • Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Fertility Center