Skip to content

Announcements

Exciting News for WebMD Members!

We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

What Do You Need to Do?

The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

Includes Expert Content
    Trying for a number 2
    katykp08 posted:
    Dear Doctor, of whoever may know. I am 26, and wanting to add onto my family since ive gotten married. My periods are starting to stress me out. Last Month June, I started at the beginning of the month, July, I started my period the 30th of june and lasted until the 3rd of july. My husband and I had intercourse a few times during ovulation; today I started spotting. I am so confused because Aug hasn't arrived and my period is coming earlier. I need advice. because I can't control my body. I need some insight with this. you can always email me as well spotlight_singer@yahoo.com

DUKE MEDICINE
    Susannah D Copland, MD, MS responded:
    Interpreting the menstrual cycle can be a challenge. If I am understanding correctly, you started your period on June 30 and another on July 27. Therefore, you have had a 28 day cycle (the first day of full flow is day one), which is within the normal range. If you have been trying for over a year, or if your other menstrual cycles are more irregular, a visit to your OB-Gyn will be helpful. In preparation for that visit, start marking your days of bleeding on a calendar. If you want to add more information, you can also try ovulation predictor kits to help you find your fertile window. Good Luck!

24sdmm replied to Susannah D Copland, MD, MS's response:
    my cycles vary from 28 days to 35 day and the past two months i havent had a positive ovulation test till day 21. when other months i have it on day14. i have been pregnant twice but i lost my first baby. he was stillborn. we have been trying for over a year. if i ovulate late does that make it harder to get pregnant? and should i look into medication of some kind or just keep trying. because one of the hardest things for me is everyone expects me just to be able to get pregnant because i did before but now i'm having a really hard time. i feel a little anti-social because of this. i'm just looking for any answers or advice.

Helpful Tips

trying to conceive tip
    My OBGYN Lady Doctor told me to count 10 days from day one of your period... so I just started my period Friday December 2nd, so I will ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    10 of 10 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Fertility Center