Includes Expert Content
Lubricant
kountrykeller posted:
My husband was concerned that our lubricant to kill the sperm or effect the sperm. It was a non-spermicide but I asked my doctor and they said they recommend Astroglide. I read on this site that they DONT recommend water based lubricant and specifically said Astroglide. Any input? What lubricant should we use?

mskaya82 responded:
I found a website that actually sells a lubricant that helps women who are trying to conceive by mimicking ovulation cervical mucus to attract the sperm to the cervix AND the best thing is that it doesn't harm the sperm unlike other OTC lubricants. I can't think of the name of it offhand. But, it's a great website for expectant mothers.

OurLovebug responded:
You can find a lubricant called PreSeed on http://www.early-pregnancy-tests.com/ which is specifically marketed towards TTC couples. The site also has a bunch of other great deals for TTC couples, cheap OPKs and HPTs, cheap pre-natals, etc.

HTH!

DUKE MEDICINE
Susannah D Copland, MD, MS responded:
Hello,
When trying to conceive, we first recommend avoiding lubricants and trying to maximize your own natural lubrication through longer periods of arousal before intercourse. If that is not sufficient, PreSeed has been studied to have minimal effects on sperm motility. Mineral oil and Canola oils also have some support from research trials. You are correct to avoid the other lubricants. Good Luck!

kountrykeller replied to OurLovebug's response:
Thank you so much for the website and your input!

kountrykeller replied to Susannah D Copland, MD, MS's response:
Thank you so much for responding, I appreciate you taking the time!