Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Includes Expert Content
Strange Symptoms?
livelaughmoe posted:
I started Clomid two weeks ago and had an HSG that same week. Its day 20 and I have been having cramping (almost more like pressure in my lower abdomen area, more discharge than normal and I also have a strange increase in sexual desire. Anyone else ever experience this?

Byroney_WebMD_Staff responded:
That's a good question, livelaughmoe. Unfortunately, I've never been on Clomid or had HSG. Hopefully, one of the other ladies here will post with their experience. You may want to ask your doctor or pharmacist about those symptoms.

You can also post on the member-created Clomid Community , too.

Hope you get your BFP!

Byroney
Hope is a thing with feathers / That perches in the soul, / And sings the tune without words / And never stops at all. - Emily Dickinson

DUKE MEDICINE
David K Walmer, MD, PhD responded:
Your ovaries are probably responding nicely to the Clomid. If you recruit an extra follicle or more, it can result in increased pelvic pressure, cramping and an increase in the concentration of your natural hormone levels. You sound like you are more fortunate than most women who often complain that they feel worse on Clomid with hot flases during the first half of the cycle and an execerbation their PMS symptoms in the second half of the cycle. Good luck this month!

Mercy1986 responded:
am also experiencing the same .please help i need to know if it is right to have such cramps

cbragg15 responded:
I did that last week right around the time I was supposed to ovulate, I assumed my body was ovulating, GOOD LUCK! Baby dust to you!!
-Mommy of one (4)

Featuring Experts

Dr. Copland brings scientific understanding, sincerity, and empathy to her medical practice in assisted reproduction.Dr. Copland pursued an undergrad...More

Helpful Tips

trying to conceive tip
My OBGYN Lady Doctor told me to count 10 days from day one of your period... so I just started my period Friday December 2nd, so I will ... More
Was this Helpful?
8 of 8 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Fertility Center