Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Help TTC After IUD Removal.
MsBC0514 posted:
Hello ladies! I just got my Mirena IUD removed on August 12th me and Fiancé are TTC. My doctor advised me that we could start right away also to just start taking prenatal vitamins. I have been reading so many forms with women having bleeding after removal which I didn't. My AF has already passed a week before I got it removed. Based on my cervical mucus I have already started ovulating back on August 13th. Do you guys feel this is good idea for us to try so soon? Also if any of you lades have a story to share regarding you iud removal your advise will be greatly appreciated

An_239901 responded:
I just got my IUD removed on the 8th of August and started my cycle 12th. While using the IUD I only had a cycle about 3 times a year. I have had it since February 2009. I was lucky enough to have a cycle in July to know the whereabouts of when my cycle starts. After the removal, I bled a usual amount from the 12-17th of August, but on the 18th I started with a much heavier flow with blood clots. I have had children, this kind of reminded me of bleeding after birth. This seemed to last until the 26th and I haven't had a cycle to this date. I guess some questions would be how long have you had the IUD and did you have cycles while on it? These might be some thoughts to why you didn't bleed after removal. Also, I don't see why it wouldn't be a good idea to start trying to conceive. I find it always happens when you least expect it.

Momma08AndHopeful12 responded:
Hello, It's nice to see someone else in the same boat as me! I had my IUD out on the 13th of September, but I did have some bleeding starting the 15th. My Dr. also told me to go ahead and try to get pregnant, wondering what everyone elses thoughts were and wanted someone to talk to that had the same stuff going on.

MsBC0514 replied to An_239901's response:
Thanks for the replyJ! Throughout having my IUD I had regular periods every month. My doctor said that I may or may not bleed however I do go back on Oct 3rd for my annual I will ask him if that is normal.

MsBC0514 replied to Momma08AndHopeful12's response:
Hey Momma08andHopeful12! I didn't bleed after removal however my doctor did tell me that it was ok to start trying to just take some prenatal vitamins like yesterday lol. Have you started charting to determine when you ovulate? Did you have a normal AF while on the IUD?

MsBC0514 responded:
  • ****UPDATE***** Hello ladies how are you all doing? As of this morning I started spotting that was bright red and pinkish in color however not enough to even saturate a panty liner; It actually only appears when I whip after using the restroom which it has subsisted since this morning to just a little pinkish discharge this afternoon. I'm not to certain what to think of it may be a sign of AF which is set for 9/28/2011 tomorrow. I've been cramping on and off since 9/13/2011 I actually got my IUD removed on 9/12/2011 w/o any removal bleeding. With my IUD I had normal monthly's I actually had AF 9/1/2011 until 9/5/2011. Also I've noticed that my nipples are erect all the time. Even though I've read that you shouldn't squeeze them I did and of course some liquid came out. My lower back has been hurting on off for this entire time as well. My appetite is threw the roof, I've been really thirsty and waking up late at night and very early Am to use the restroom and to drink, I am also extremely gassy and my skin has yet to do the normal AF chin breakout like it normally does monthly since I was teenager. I took a digital hpt on 9/24/2011 BFN however after reading that it could detect early HGC levels. Do you guys think I should test again or wait nervous I don't want see another BFN.
  •  
    MsBC0514 replied to MsBC0514's response:
    AF Started trying agian in a few days.

Byroney_WebMD_Staff replied to MsBC0514's response:
    MsBC, I am sorry AF showed up. I am cheering you on for a positive result in October!

Byroney
    Hope is a thing with feathers / That perches in the soul, / And sings the tune without words / And never stops at all. - Emily Dickinson

MsBC0514 replied to Byroney_WebMD_Staff's response:
    Thanks!

Featuring Experts

Dr. Copland brings scientific understanding, sincerity, and empathy to her medical practice in assisted reproduction.Dr. Copland pursued an undergrad...More

Helpful Tips

trying to conceive tip
    My OBGYN Lady Doctor told me to count 10 days from day one of your period... so I just started my period Friday December 2nd, so I will ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    8 of 8 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
    Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Fertility Center