Skip to content
Includes Expert Content
How do I know if I stopped ovulating?
An_240047 posted:
I am 45yrs old my husband and I have tried to conceive for nine years.I have seen several Dr's and so has he.
One Dr. check to see if I had in holes in my tubes that test was negative. The second Dr told me I have PCOS and I dont ovulate.
The third Dr told me if I am still bleeding I do ovalate.I have known myself to be pregant one time in my life and I lost it.

Please help, am I bearing not to have children?
maragayle responded:
Try buying some of the home OPK kits. I've found the digital ones to be much easier to read. You can get a decent deal on them from Amazon. They end up being about half the price of what you'll find in the store.
victorious1025 replied to maragayle's response:
Thank-you, If, you stop ovulating do you still get your montly?
maragayle replied to victorious1025's response:
Generally not. I have ovulation issues. I was diagnosed with PCOS. As a result, I never get my period if I'm not on birth control.
victorious1025 replied to maragayle's response:
Thank you I will try the ovulation test. Is there a difference in the fertility monitor and the ovulation test?
Yvette Smith, MD, MPH responded:
Have you seen a fertility specialist? We hate to admit it but there will be more issues as we get older. You need to speak with someone who specializes in this area to spend time and really educate you about your particular situation. You'll be able to make the best decisions at that point.
victorious1025 replied to Yvette Smith, MD, MPH's response:
Thank-you Dr Smith, for responding, yes I have seen a fertilty specialist and she gave me the test for my tubes and clomid for almost a year.
ticktockteacher replied to victorious1025's response:
I am 42 and ttc. i have a period every month however due to a rise in my prolactin levels my dr. thinks that i may not be ovulating. my peiod is usually like clockwork within a day or 2. but the past 3 months it has come on the 24th, then the 20th and lastly the 16th. I have seen an endocrinologist who believes the same thing. i am about to have an mri before he puts me on medication that will lower the level and cause me to ovulate.

Featuring Experts

David Walmer, MD, PhD is a reproductive endocrinologist and infertility specialist at Atlantic Reproductive Medicine Specialists . During his 25 year...More

Helpful Tips

TTC Basics you need to know
Ask yourself the following questions: What steps are you using to concieve?? Are your cycles regular? How long have you actively been ... More
Was this Helpful?
6 of 6 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

  • Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Fertility Center