Skip to content

Announcements

Exciting News for WebMD Members!

We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

What Do You Need to Do?

The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

Has anyone tried Maca?
    Shanangins posted:
    I've heard of a powder from the maca root, it's supposed to help with fertility. Has anyone used it or know if it's worth a shot?

Byroney_WebMD_Staff responded:
    Hello Shanangins and thanks for posting.

This article The Truth About Maca may be helpful. Have you tried Ovulation Prediction Kits (OPKs) or other options to help you figure out when you ovulate?

I would encourage you to discuss taking any supplement with your doctor first before starting.

Keep us updated,

Byroney
    Hope is a thing with feathers / That perches in the soul, / And sings the tune without words / And never stops at all. - Emily Dickinson

Shanangins replied to Byroney_WebMD_Staff's response:
    I actually have been using OPK's for almost the past year. We have also done a round of clomid and I have had a HSG test done. Every thing has come back normal but still no luck. My Husband count is good but volume is not so much. So I thought I would put him on it this month and if we hit the jack-pot we'll be done otherwise I was going to put both of us on it.

chillo6210 replied to Shanangins's response:
    try preseed or egg whites i did and it worked becoz i didnt have much ewcm on my own so the swimmers weren't surviving!!

markell1 responded:
    Hello Shanangins,

My wife and I had problems with conceiving for 5 years or so, and after seeing about maca root on Oprah show Dr. Phil, we decided to finally purchase it. I recommend it, not only for conceiving:

Maca Root Powder Benefits

Helpful Tips

trying to conceive tip
    My OBGYN Lady Doctor told me to count 10 days from day one of your period... so I just started my period Friday December 2nd, so I will ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    10 of 10 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Fertility Center