Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
trying for one more...
mommielast_try posted:
im a mommy of two, from my previous marriage..coming close to thirty, my new partner and i are trying for a third, one of our own together. i never had problems conceiving with my other two. my youngest is four, and i have had paragaurd iud for birth control since she was born, up until december when i had it removed due to severe stomach pains. since then i havent had any problems. we normally have a pretty regular schedule and have intercourse five to six times per week, sometimes more than once a day on the weekends. still, i am not pregnant. im starting to get anxious and worried, although both of my others i didnt really try to conceive and they were with my ex husband . we would really love a third child one of our own together to complete our little family..iv e tried waiting to get up after sex and laying there for ten to fifteen minutes with my bottom raised up, someone said that this would help the sperm get to the eggs..but no luck so far. its only been a couple months and im tracking my periods on a calendar that tells me when i ovulate. what am i doing wrong? time is critical for me since i would like to have one more before twenty nine..or even thirty. ive never had to "try" before and my efforts seem in vain. i would appreciate some or any advice anyone has to give..im off birth control..i didnt dream it would possibly be this complicated.

mrs62610 responded:
Are you sure that you are ovulating? Try getting some ovulation predictor kits. I'm not saying I think that is your problem, just that it is a start. I don't know how IUDs affect ovulation after they are removed, but I know when I stopped the pill I did not ovulate and my dr had to put me on Clomid. It also could just be that it hasn't happened yet. The average couple with no fertility issues have 20-25% chance of conceiving each month. It may just take some more time. If you are concerned it would be a good idea to contact your dr. They can at least do bloodwork to check hormone levels and things of that nature, which could help put your mind at ease. Also, try having sex only once per day, or every other day. It sometimes takes 24-48 hours to build the little guys back up. We do this during my fertile week but after my fertile period we go back to doing what ever we want. I hope this helps you some.
Me-24 DH-37 TTC 1 for 9 months. 1st round of Clomid 12/29. Start 2nd round Feb 1st.

mommielast_try replied to mrs62610's response:
yes...it automatically showes up on my calendar depending on when my periods start and end...we had sex all but 8 days last month and no baby yet...and i have some ovulation tests at home...so now im starting to wonder.

Featuring Experts

Dr. Copland brings scientific understanding, sincerity, and empathy to her medical practice in assisted reproduction.Dr. Copland pursued an undergrad...More

Helpful Tips

trying to conceive tip
My OBGYN Lady Doctor told me to count 10 days from day one of your period... so I just started my period Friday December 2nd, so I will ... More
Was this Helpful?
8 of 8 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Fertility Center