Skip to content

Announcements

Exciting News for WebMD Members!

We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

What Do You Need to Do?

The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

Feel like I am never going to get pregnant
    Shellyf33 posted:
    Hi Everyone-my name is Shelly and I am 36 years old. Me and my husband have been trying to get pregnant for almost 3 years. I have had surgery for endometriosis and my doctor said I had a middle of the severness of endometriosis. I have been on two different types of Fertility medication. I went off of them because they made me very moody and my work didn't like how I was. I didn't think I was that bad but I guess I wasn't. I am going to go back on and try it again. I just feel like I am on the road to disappointment again. I try to stay positive and my husband is extremely positive which sometimes upsets me. He has been tested and is fine. I was wondering if anyone has any other advice on something that might help along with the Fertility medication. Thank You Shelly

Haylen_WebMD_Staff responded:
    Hi Shelly,

What you are feeling after the frustration of 3 years is not uncommon. Our expert has a wonderful post here: How do you deal with disappointment?

There are 44 comments of others who may be in a similar situation. Some of their experiences and ways of coping might speak to you.

I sure understand about the "positive husband". Often, it seems that women are the worriers and hold the stress of the relationship.

How have you coped with your feelings so far?

Haylen

Helpful Tips

trying to conceive tip
    My OBGYN Lady Doctor told me to count 10 days from day one of your period... so I just started my period Friday December 2nd, so I will ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    10 of 10 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Fertility Center