Skip to content
MrsMerriner posted:
I believe i have PCOS as we have been trying to conceive for a little more than 3 years now with no success. All symptoms point to PCOS. I have no medical insurance and no way to get it. I can not afford to see a doctor in any way. I have been trying to do all i can to improve my chances of conception. I have lost around 47 lbs. although that still leaves me at 300 lbs. I had not had a period at all until i stopped breast feeding my now almost 4 year old son. Even after they started again they were very irregular, some times 2 or 3 months apart. I do believe my efforts are helping but can't be sure. I do now usually get my period once a month but they have not been any where close to the same dates, until this month when my period fell on the 23rd. Last month it fell on the 20th, which i am hoping means all i am dong is working. Is there any way to know for sure?
Haylen_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi MrsMerriner and welcome.

Here is a great post from another WebMD community about options for free and low cost medical care: FREE/LOW COST Medical Care.

I would suggest you explore all options available - especially if you do get pregnant. The sooner you begin receiving medical care during pregnancy, the better your chances of ensuring your own health and that of your baby.

Here is some information about PCOS that might give you other information about increasing chances for fertility: Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS) - Topic Overview

Congratulations on losing almost 50 pounds - you must feel great!


Featuring Experts

David Walmer, MD, PhD is a reproductive endocrinologist and infertility specialist at Atlantic Reproductive Medicine Specialists . During his 25 year...More

Helpful Tips

New Committee Opinion on Female Fertility TestingExpert
New Guidelines on Fertility Testing! American Society for Reproductive Medicine (ASRM) released a Committee Opinion on evaluation of the ... More
Was this Helpful?
9 of 9 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

  • Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Fertility Center