Find Information About:

Drugs & Supplements

Get information and reviews on prescription drugs, over-the-counter medications, vitamins, and supplements. Search by name or medical condition.

Pill Identifier

Pill Identifier

Having trouble identifying your pills?

Enter the shape, color, or imprint of your prescription or OTC drug. Our pill identification tool will display pictures that you can compare to your pill.

Get Started

My Medicine

Save your medicine, check interactions, sign up for FDA alerts, create family profiles and more.

Get Started

WebMD Health Experts and Community

Talk to health experts and other people like you in WebMD's Communities. It's a safe forum where you can create or participate in support groups and discussions about health topics that interest you.

  • Second Opinion

    Second Opinion

    Read expert perspectives on popular health topics.

  • Community


    Connect with people like you, and get expert guidance on living a healthy life.

Got a health question? Get answers provided by leading organizations, doctors, and experts.

Get Answers

Sign up to receive WebMD's award-winning content delivered to your inbox.

Sign Up


All communities will be placed in read-only mode (you will be able to see and search for posts but not start or reply to discussions) as we conduct maintenance. We will make another announcement when posting is re-opened. Thank you for your continued support and patience, and if you have any further questions, please email

Yours in health,
WebMD Community Management

Tubal issue, cysts, age, etc. and trying to conceive
An_246194 posted:
I am almost 36 and my husband is 41. I went to my OB/GYN last week to discuss our plans of starting a family and was informed that a previous ultrasound taken a few years ago for issues with irregular bleeding noted one of my tubes appearing "dilated." The irregular bleeding turned out to be caused by a slight hormonal imbalance. With my age, this tubal issue, previous PID and painful ovarian cysts, I'm afraid there are some underlying issues and/or scarring causing me not to be able to conceive. I have been off of the pill since February. I know it hasn't been very long and my OB/GYN suggested I keep trying until the fall and if I haven't conceived to come back and we'll discuss where to go from there. With all of the above factors, should I wait as she suggested or jump right in to see if I need any medical intervention?
Haylen_WebMD_Staff responded:
Personally, I would jump. Infertility is defined as a lack of conception after 12 months of trying without birth control and with frequent intercourse in a woman under the age of 35, and after 6 months in a woman over age 35 .

Unfortunately, the clock does start to tick when it comes to having a baby! You can learn much more here - WebMD Infertility & Reproduction Health Center

Be sure to take notes when you meet with your doctor and write down ant questions or concerns you have before you go in. Best to you! Please let us know what your doctor suggests!


Featuring Experts

David Walmer, MD, PhD is a reproductive endocrinologist and infertility specialist at Atlantic Reproductive Medicine Specialists . During his 25 year...More

Helpful Tips

TTC Basics you need to know
Ask yourself the following questions: What steps are you using to concieve?? Are your cycles regular? How long have you actively been ... More
Was this Helpful?
6 of 6 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

  • Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Fertility Center