Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
PCOS symptoms or Pregnancy??? I'm so confused
julz114 posted:
I'm going a little insane. I have PCOS so half the time my hormones are all over the place and occasionally my cycles have been irregular. In January i had 3 months of missed cycles so my doctor had my take progesterone to induce my cycle and increased my dosage of Metformin, since then i've been right on track with my hormones. Last month my husband and i decided we would begin trying to get pregnant and now once again my cycle is off. I'm seven days late but the last test i took on tuesday was negative. normally i would just say its good old PCOS back at work but i've been feeling definitely different; i've had cramping, my breasts are sore (that started this week) some minor nausea and my stomach has been all over the place between constipation to diarrhea, oh and i'm craving bacon (mind you i've never ever really liked bacon and at one point i was a complete vegetarian). Normally when my cycle stops due to my PCOS i don't even notice but this time its definitely noticeable, i'm just so confused since the tests are coming back negative but i definitely feel abnormal.. any ideas ladies?

sunshinesweet responded:
I too suffer from PCOD and have the same issues that you have mentioned which leaves me very confused and morevoer its very depressing

Haylen_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi julz114 - have you taken another test yet? If you have and it's still negative, please do give your doctor a call to check in.

Haylen

julz114 replied to Haylen_WebMD_Staff's response:
SO happy I took a test Saturday morning and there was my BFP ... went to the OBGYN this morning a confirmed with a urine test by the doctor... YAY!!! I'm due in Early March

Haylen_WebMD_Staff replied to julz114's response:
Congrats julz!

Come on over to the First Trimester Community .

I hope you're feeling well!

Haylen

Featuring Experts

Dr. Copland brings scientific understanding, sincerity, and empathy to her medical practice in assisted reproduction.Dr. Copland pursued an undergrad...More

Helpful Tips

trying to conceive tip
My OBGYN Lady Doctor told me to count 10 days from day one of your period... so I just started my period Friday December 2nd, so I will ... More
Was this Helpful?
8 of 8 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Fertility Center