Skip to content
Wanting to get pregnant.
Lynicebrown posted:
When I was 19, I was on the depo shot and I found myself pregnant. four months later I lost my baby to a miscarraige. My father was too embarassed to take me to the hospital because I wasnt married, and the guy who I was fathering the child ran out on me. When I was 21 I was having symptoms of tss while on my menstral cycle, I went to the E.R. and had a papsmear(sp?). The doctor said I did not have tss but the scarring he saw in there may prevent me from having children. Despite this I have tried for the last 2 1/2 years to conceive with no luck. any ideas on what I can do would be greatly apprieciated!
Haylen_WebMD_Staff responded:
From our expert:

The general consensus is that, if you are under 35, you should attempt conception by having regular, unprotected intercourse for at least 12 months. After 12 months, if you have not achieved a pregnancy, then you should visit your ob-gyn. If you are 35 or over, the consensus is to try via regular intercourse for at least 6 months before visiting your ob-gyn.

Have you been talking to your ob/gyn? If not, it's time for an appointment.

This link will give you Dr. Bernstein full post about seeking additional help:

Time to See a Fertility Specialist?

Please let us know how it goes!


Featuring Experts

David Walmer, MD, PhD is a reproductive endocrinologist and infertility specialist at Atlantic Reproductive Medicine Specialists . During his 25 year...More

Helpful Tips

New Committee Opinion on Female Fertility TestingExpert
New Guidelines on Fertility Testing! American Society for Reproductive Medicine (ASRM) released a Committee Opinion on evaluation of the ... More
Was this Helpful?
9 of 9 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

  • Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Fertility Center