Includes Expert Content
What could be wrong with me
chocl8_cherri posted:
Hello,

I am a healthy 20 year old and my boyfriend is also 20 and very healthy. We have been together since we were 14. My problem is that I cannot seem to get pregnant. We dont use condoms and never really have, and when I go for my woman "check-ups" my doctor always tells me I am perfectly normal. I really want to have my first child and I am worried that mabe I cant have children. But why would two perfectly healthy young people not be able to conceive. Alot of people say I am too young to be trying but I am a member of the Army national guard. I also work a fulltime job and attend school online fulltime. My boyfriend also has a job so we would be able to support a child financially. And I know a child would just complete us. Should I be worried??

Joel Bernstien, MD responded:
If you have been without contraception for that long without conception, then it is time to see your OBGYN. He/She will do an evaluation.

I am sorry I cannot answer your question in more detail; it's just that you need to see your provider and get the initial infertility evaluation.