Skip to content


    Exciting News for WebMD Members!

    We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

    And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

    What Do You Need to Do?

    The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

    Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

    Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

    irregular period
    An_247666 posted:
    Well i am 21 years old and havent had a period in nearly 2 years. I seen a Dr last year and they did blood work and a pap smear and a ultra sound and everything came back good. she subscribed me something you take for a few days and its supposed to make you start like a week later. but it didnt. then about a month later i kind of had a period / spotted for a week, i didnt take any more pills and didnt go back to the dr because i dont have insurance and couldnt afford any more bills. Just wanted to see if i could get some advice as to what i should do without spending a big bunch on tests that come back positive.
    Haylen_WebMD_Staff responded:
    An annual pelvic exam should be performed in all females who are sexually active and in all women 21 years of age and older, unless your doctor recommends otherwise.

    Lack of insurance is difficult if you want to see a specific doctor. However, there are options to get affordable or free medical care through your state, city or, if in school, the student health center. Please do make an appointment with a health care professional as soon as possible.

    sjanders2010 replied to Haylen_WebMD_Staff's response:
    I had a pelvic exam also. But everything came back fine. I have gained some weight and wondered if maybe that has something to do with it. When I was in High school i was very active with sports. But now Im married and work so i dont have a lot of free time to do so,

    Helpful Tips

    trying to conceive tip
    My OBGYN Lady Doctor told me to count 10 days from day one of your period... so I just started my period Friday December 2nd, so I will ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    10 of 10 found this helpful

    Related Drug Reviews

    • Drug Name User Reviews

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

    For more information, visit the Duke Fertility Center