3 Years, Not Pregnant, What Next?
Hogan6807 posted:
To give a little bit of background, I was put on birth control when I was 17 due to irregular heavy periods and a cyst on my ovary. The BC cleared the cyst within a few months but they continued my BC to regulate my periods. This was semi-affective as my periods were lighter but were still irregular despite changing BC several times. (many pills, patch, shots, etc) I was married at 20 and at 22 decided to stop the BC. We were not "trying" for a baby but decided to not prevent if it would happen. That was three years ago (25 now) and I am still not pregnant. I know we were not doing anything to encourage conception such as increased sexual activity (we have sex 1-2 times a week) or tracking cycals (which is almost impossible anyway since I am so irregular) but I thought I would have conceived by now. Neither my family or my husbands has had a history of trouble conceiving so I never thought I would have a fertility problem. I have always wanted the "surprise" of conceiving and never wanted to "try" so I am really unsure what to do at this point. Should I see my doctor to have tests done, start a fertility drug, what is best to try at home? I'm scarred to feel like I am "trying too hard" so that when I get my period and am yet again not pregnant it will not be as disappointing?