Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Includes Expert Content
No period after Provera
Jessica01 posted:
I went to my obgyn and she gave me provera to take to help me start my period it was 10 mg for 10 days. I took my last pill three days ago and still no sign at all of it. I called and told her and she told me to give it at least a couple more days, then take a pregnancy test. I almost know that I am not pregnant though. I am wondering whats going to happen if my period does not start, could that be really bad? She had said something about if it does not start in a couple more days we might need to check to see how my uterus lining is, what does this mean? Could it mean that I could just start taking the clomid without having a period or does it mean that this could be a whole new set of problems. I dont want to drive her crazy with questions but its killing me I would really like to know.

Joel Bernstien, MD responded:
You could start clomid without having a period. Have a chat with you doc first though.

Good Luck.

Featuring Experts

Dr. Copland brings scientific understanding, sincerity, and empathy to her medical practice in assisted reproduction.Dr. Copland pursued an undergrad...More

Helpful Tips

EWCM-EGG WHITE CERVICAL MUCUS
HIE ALL We had been ttc for 4 months now but we had no luck,i was ovulating right on time and we were bding religiously on the days but ... More
Was this Helpful?
6 of 6 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Fertility Center