Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Not having my period from June 15, till present
xitsjenx21 posted:
Hi I normally dont like talking about this stuff but since I'm not having my period I will ok so June 15 2012 i had a fast period and haven't had onetill present I haven't had it and on October 15 it will be 6 months of not having it.. I'm not on birth control and I'm not pregnant. and it scares me because i always had my period. And for months I notice i lost alot of home-normal, and noticing that i haven't been happy. always crying, about the stupidest thing, and not having anybody to talk to about it. I'm trying to be safe about having sex because i haven't had a period and i really don't want a kid right now. I'm only 21. I took a pregnancy test last weekend and it was negative like i said to my parents I'm prob not. and i herd that i could have cyst or not overlaying correctly and that deff scares me! I just dont know what to do because this never had me before, and not knowing what it cost to do this, and i really dont have health insurance. but im just really scared and i dont know what to do. and advice? thanks

krysai responded:
You should really see your OBGY and get and ultra sound. I have PCOS ( polycycstic ovary syndrome) and endometrosis. I was having the same problem when I was in my late teens. By the time I sought medical care I had a cycst on my left ovary that was 15 inches long and 16 inches wide. I was too large to remove without taking my ovary. I later found my sister has PCOS as well. Any issue like this is usually regulated with birth control and often meds like prometrium are prescribed tomake your period start again. Make an appointment fast and make sure you keep your period regulated if you ever want children.

Featuring Experts

Dr. Copland brings scientific understanding, sincerity, and empathy to her medical practice in assisted reproduction.Dr. Copland pursued an undergrad...More

Helpful Tips

New Committee Opinion on Female Fertility TestingExpert
New Guidelines on Fertility Testing! American Society for Reproductive Medicine (ASRM) released a Committee Opinion on evaluation of the ... More
Was this Helpful?
6 of 6 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Fertility Center