Late but not sure how late
An_248365 posted:
I have a question. My husband and I are trying to conceive so I stopped taking my birth control. About 2 days later I got a very lite and short lived period. According to the ovulation calculator I am either 1 day late or 1 week late, if i go from my original period weeks or include that very short period. I took a pregnancy test today but it was negative. I am wondering if I am just calculating things wrong and my period is off schedule since I stopped my period. Does anyone have any advice? I was going to call my doctor but I am in the process of switching and have not found a new one yet.

mrs62610 responded:
You may have miscalculated or you may not have ovulated, which would be why you haven't had a period. If you don't get you period by the time you get your new dr. I would talk to them about it. In my case after I stopped taking birth control pills I was't ovulating and had to start medicine to resume ovulation. Good luck!
Me-24 DH-37 TTC 1 for 16 months. 3 rounds of Clomid, BFN's. 3rd cycle of Femara, Ovidrel, LP Progesterone. Added IUI this time. Blood test 9/18!

faliensiu responded:
Things are different for every woman. The first time I stopped taking BC I got my period a few days later and lasted longer than usual (I wasn't TTC yet but was just couldn't get my pills before leaving on a long trip) . The second time I stopped, this time planned and hoping to conceive, I got my period on schedule and lighter - for the first several months it was crazy but it's more on a schedule now.

I suggest the same, wait it out, hope for the best but just be patient and talk to your doc when you find him and maybe take another test 2-3 weeks later if you haven't gotten your period and haven't found a new doc.