Skip to content

Announcements

Exciting News for WebMD Members!

We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

What Do You Need to Do?

The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

Exercise Following IUI Treatment
    An_241766 posted:
    Do you know if women can exercise after receiving an IUI treatment? My wife goes to aerobics classes about 5 days a week. I just want to give my wife and I the best chance to conceive with these treatments. So, I want to ensure it's okay for her to do this type of exercise.

mrs62610 responded:
    I was told to take it easy for 24 hours following the IUI, then resume normal activity. She can still do regular stuff just stay away from bouncing around and exerting (sp?) herself too much. I skip exercize that day when I have mine. Hope that helps and good luck to both of you!
    Me-24 DH-37 TTC 1 for 16 months. 3 rounds of Clomid, BFN's. 3rd cycle of Femara, Ovidrel, LP Progesterone. Added IUI this time. Blood test 9/18!

An_241766 replied to mrs62610's response:
    Thanks! Good luck to you as well.

mrs62610 replied to An_241766's response:
    You're welcome! Thanks!
    Me-24 DH-37 TTC 1 for 16 months. 3 rounds of Clomid, BFN's. 3rd cycle of Femara, Ovidrel, LP Progesterone. Added IUI this time. Blood test 9/18!

Helpful Tips

New Committee Opinion on Female Fertility TestingExpert
    New Guidelines on Fertility Testing! American Society for Reproductive Medicine (ASRM) released a Committee Opinion on evaluation of the ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    9 of 9 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Fertility Center