Skip to content
Includes Expert Content
unexplained infertility several posible factors
sydneek04 posted:
Me and my partner have been trying to conceive for almost a year now. We discovered a few months ago that he had a bacterial infection chlamydia, I tested positive also and we were both treated. I am really concerned that this could have affected my ability to have a child. I know I ovulate regularely on the 13 day (15th with clomid). I have had a miscarriage, two years ago, blighted ovum. I have had a full workup and tried clomid last cycle, but nothing yet. my tsh came back 1.28, but that was not fasting. I am at a healthy weight and I'm 25 years old. We were told we should have no problem, both our tests came back in the normal range. Has anyone had a similar situation?
Joel Bernstien, MD responded:
Chlamydia infections can, in some people, cause infection and scarring in the fallopian tubes. If you have not had the test to see if your tubes are open, now may be a good time to get that done. It is an x-ray called an HSG (hysterosalpingogram). Talk to your provider about it.
sydneek04 replied to Joel Bernstien, MD's response:
I did have an HSG, it came back clear no blockage. I have tracked ovulation with the predictor kits and know that is on track also. I ovulate on day 12 or 13.
Joel Bernstien, MD replied to sydneek04's response:
Since you have been trying to conceive over a year, it is time for you to ask for a referral to an infertility specialist. They can discuss ways to increase your chances of conceiving. Best of luck.

Featuring Experts

David Walmer, MD, PhD is a reproductive endocrinologist and infertility specialist at Atlantic Reproductive Medicine Specialists . During his 25 year...More

Helpful Tips

New Committee Opinion on Female Fertility TestingExpert
New Guidelines on Fertility Testing! American Society for Reproductive Medicine (ASRM) released a Committee Opinion on evaluation of the ... More
Was this Helpful?
9 of 9 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

  • Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Fertility Center