Skip to content
Includes Expert Content
Possibility of infertility and not sure what to do
W1ck3d_N1nj3tt3 posted:
ok so im only 19 and this is probably the last thing i should be worried about right now but due to family history its something thats always been on my mind. my Boyfried and i have been tring for a while now, Especially the last 5 months iv done everythng the internet has to offer to help with my situation but still nothing. In march i had a laparosocpy for endometiosis but the obgyn said i shount worry about infertiliy since i was only 18 but lm almost positive due to family history if i dont have kids early i wont and its the only thing i want to do with my life. Seeing how im only 19 and teen pregnacy is frowned upon i cant fnid a dr. to help . . . Can anyone give me advice as to what i can/ should do???
An_249404 responded:
It can take healthy couples up to a year to conceive. Many doctors don't consider treatment options until you have tried for this long. Have you tried using an OPK or taking your temperature? Are you sure you're TTC at the right time? Those methods could help you.
Joel Bernstien, MD responded:
I would agree.... try for at least one year before seeking a professional opinion.
W1ck3d_N1nj3tt3 replied to An_249404's response:
Yes i have done all those things and my calender is full of fertility dates menstral dates all of it; my partner and i have been together for 5 yrs i was diagnosed with endometriosis 2-3 yrs ago we have been practicing unprotected sex since then. I had a lapparoscopy in march and still nothing im afraid i wont have much longer to keep trying . . .

Featuring Experts

David Walmer, MD, PhD is a reproductive endocrinologist and infertility specialist at Atlantic Reproductive Medicine Specialists . During his 25 year...More

Helpful Tips

STI. Burning sensation after sex wont go after antibiotics? pls help
hi, i had sex with a female and the condom got burst after which i didnt try wearing another one. The same night i felt a burning sensation ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related Drug Reviews

  • Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Fertility Center