Skip to content


    Exciting News for WebMD Members!

    We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

    And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

    What Do You Need to Do?

    The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

    Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

    Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

    Includes Expert Content
    Turning 38 year Of Age and Been Trying to Conceive
    An_249450 posted:
    My Husband And I Have Been Trying To Conceive a Child For The Past 9 months and I Can' seem to get pregnant. I Already Have 3 Kids From A Previous Relationship But Now My New Husband And I Are Trying Very Hard. I'm Turning 38 December 26 and I Want To Have A Baby Before I Turn 40. Will I Ever Have A Chance to Conceive Before I'm 40. He Can Have Kids Cause He Has 2 Kids From A Previous Relationship So i'm Not Worried About His Little Sperms Not Producing Cause They Are. I Work Off A Menstrual and Ovulation Calendar and still not sure whats the problem. Can you tell me whats wrong????
    Joel Bernstien, MD responded:
    It's impossible to make a diagnosis over webMD forums. It would be nice if it were that easy huh?

    Since you are over 35 and have been TTC for greater than 6 months, it's time to get an evaluation from your OBGYN.

    Helpful Tips

    TTC Basics you need to know
    Ask yourself the following questions: What steps are you using to concieve?? Are your cycles regular? How long have you actively been ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    6 of 6 found this helpful

    Related Drug Reviews

    • Drug Name User Reviews

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

    For more information, visit the Duke Fertility Center