Skip to content
Trying To Conceive!!!
Mrs_Crumpler posted:
I'm 23 years old and I been married since March 16, 2012. I have had pregnancy like symptoms when I stop birth control suchnas missedbperiods for 2-3 months. Then it comes back on for a little over a month amd I pasd huge clots. My doctor told me that was fine and healthy but Injust nedded to be back on birth control. I tried since then but I haven't had any luck. My doctor keeps putting me on birth control because she doesn't want to have children. Is infertility treatment something that I should be looking forward to???? I hope someone can help me!!!!!!
ead_angel responded:
Is it possible you had a miscarriage? Everyone is different, but not having a period for 2-3 months, having symptoms, and then passing huge clots sounds like it could have potentially been a miscarriage. If your doctor is putting you back on birth control but you don't think you want to be, perhaps you need to get a second opinion or consult another doctor. Good luck to you!
mrs62610 replied to ead_angel's response:
Coming off of birth control can cause your periods to be all over the place. I doubt you had a miscarriage, but I'm not a dr so I can't say for sure. When I stopped taking the pill I didn't have a period (AF) for several months because I was not ovulating. If your dr is insisting you take the pill (for no real reason) and you want to TTC then maybe you should look for another dr.
Me-25 DH-38 TTC 1 for 19 months. 3 rounds of Clomid-BFN's. 5 cycles of Femara, 3 IUI's-BFN's. Preparing for IVF in January.

Featuring Experts

David Walmer, MD, PhD is a reproductive endocrinologist and infertility specialist at Atlantic Reproductive Medicine Specialists . During his 25 year...More

Helpful Tips

trying to conceive tip
My OBGYN Lady Doctor told me to count 10 days from day one of your period... so I just started my period Friday December 2nd, so I will ... More
Was this Helpful?
10 of 10 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related Drug Reviews

  • Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Fertility Center