Skip to content
Endometriosis and Infertility
HHTH_0320008 posted:
Hello, I am 23 years old and was diagnosed with stage IV endometriosis early 2012. Me and my husband have been trying to conceive for 3 years now. I have had 2 miscarriages within the past 3 years. I have not been on any birth control in 5 years. I had a laprascopy in mid 2012 to remove the endometriosis but there was some that was too deep and couldnt be removed at that time. I was then placed on Lupron Depot for 3 months to place me into menopause until my body couldnt handle the drug anymore by creating dizzy and blackout spells, severe migranes, and nausea. My body is starting to feel the way it did before surgery with the constant cramping and feeling as if my abdomen is tearing, so I am worried my endometriosis is spreading again. I have only been off of the shots for 2 and a half months. Is it normal to feel this way, and what are my chances for conceiving with the above history?


~ Really wanting to have a baby
mommyof2boy_2angelgirls responded:
Hello, I am sorry to hear about the problems you have been having. I am not a doctor just a person in the world who read you post. I had a friend, my best friend, that too had, has endometriosis had three surgeries to have it taken care of to the point she was left with one somewhat healthy tube. It took some time and lots of patients but was able to concieve and had a very healthy baby girl. It took about 2-3 years after her surgery you know for everything to heal but it did happen. I wish you the very best! Hope things can work out for you.

Kandus~~~~Baby Dust going your way

Featuring Experts

David Walmer, MD, PhD is a reproductive endocrinologist and infertility specialist at Atlantic Reproductive Medicine Specialists . During his 25 year...More

Helpful Tips

New Committee Opinion on Female Fertility TestingExpert
New Guidelines on Fertility Testing! American Society for Reproductive Medicine (ASRM) released a Committee Opinion on evaluation of the ... More
Was this Helpful?
9 of 9 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

  • Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Fertility Center