Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Includes Expert Content
PCOS & Clear blue fertility monitor
sguzman0511 posted:
Hi everyone

I was diagnosed with PCOS about 6-months ago as I don't have regular menstrual cycles. I was given provera for 3-months to regulate my periods I am currently on my 2nd dose of provera and I am on day 2 of my cycle. I will be taking a dose of clomid tomorrow since it will be day 3 of my cycle. I wanted to know if anyone with PCOS has tried the clear blue fertility monitor and if you have had success with it? Also if anyone on here can give me advice on what else I can do to achieve a pregnancy??

Thank you and good luck to you all <3

David K Walmer, MD, PhD responded:
There are a number of ovulation predictor kits that work nicely, including the one that you are referring to. Your first goal will be to establish a regular predictable bleeding pattern most likely with an interval between 27 & 35 days. Once you have done this, you should expect the ovulation predictor kit to turn positive 14 days before day one of your next menstrual cycle. Your fertile window should be 3-5 days leading up to the positive ovulation predictor kit. Ideally your partner should ejaculate once within 5-7 days before the fertile window and then have intercourse at least once during the window. Pregnancy rates are higher when you time intercourse closer to the time of the positive ovulation predictor kit. Good luck!

kamilacbronx responded:
I think one thing you can start with is eat healthy food, reduce stress, have relax days focused on just that alone and try to excercise occassionly. Make sure you get enough sleep daily, and keep a daily journal of your different activities.Also, keep in mind of the date you ovulate and as well as, the symptoms you may experience.

Featuring Experts

Dr. Copland brings scientific understanding, sincerity, and empathy to her medical practice in assisted reproduction.Dr. Copland pursued an undergrad...More

Helpful Tips

New Committee Opinion on Female Fertility TestingExpert
New Guidelines on Fertility Testing! American Society for Reproductive Medicine (ASRM) released a Committee Opinion on evaluation of the ... More
Was this Helpful?
6 of 6 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Fertility Center