Skip to content

Announcements

Exciting News for WebMD Members!

We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

What Do You Need to Do?

The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

some advise
    An_246399 posted:
    am 35 and i wnat another baby. i had a period on December 29th and then again on jan 11th. I went to the doctor because of the bleeding. he did a biopsy and told me he thinks i have a hormonal embalance. si i have been taking norethindrome acetate, i took two 5mg by mouth daily for fourteen days. i did skip a couple of days due to the flu and not keeping anything down. anyhow. now my doc wants me to come in after my period to make sure i ovulate. i know he said the first day of my period is not the sight of blood but when i started bleedning heavy. and he wants to see me i think on cycle day 12. geeze its so confusing. well i have looked up side affects because for the past 2 weeks i have been bloated, eating everything in sight, sore boobs. and a little naseua. so my question is, has anyone else ever taken this medication and if so did you have side affects like mine. did you go through what i have and what are the chances of getting pregnant after all of this. should i not try anymore for a baby due to my age and issues. o by the way i have also stopped smoking for been quiting for the last month and doing pretty good. yay me.

Helpful Tips

New Committee Opinion on Female Fertility TestingExpert
    New Guidelines on Fertility Testing! American Society for Reproductive Medicine (ASRM) released a Committee Opinion on evaluation of the ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    9 of 9 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Fertility Center