Skip to content


    Exciting News for WebMD Members!

    We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

    And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

    What Do You Need to Do?

    The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

    Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

    Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

    PCOS and getting pregnant
    Neena29 posted:
    Hello everyone, im 29 and ive been trying to get pregnant without success. i av PCOS so i ws wondering if there are any other meds that could be used as subsitute for the metformin since the docs say i am insulin resistant. the clomid is ok but i just cannot manage the metformin. Any suggestions?
    Anu06 responded:
    Hello dear...

    I think your eggs are not properly mature. You should take Ova Boost to promote the egg quality & ovarian function.

    Neena29 replied to Anu06's response:
    thanks for ur advice, but will the ova boost works without the metformin? I do believe the ova boost will be necessary as suggested because there are times when the gyno say the egg quality is poor. My main problem is the metformin because it makes me so sick i just cant get use to taking them. There must be something else that can be recommended as substitute if thats the case.

    Helpful Tips

    TTC Basics you need to know
    Ask yourself the following questions: What steps are you using to concieve?? Are your cycles regular? How long have you actively been ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    6 of 6 found this helpful

    Related Drug Reviews

    • Drug Name User Reviews

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

    For more information, visit the Duke Fertility Center