Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Feeling Lost
RiseAgain82 posted:
I am about to be 31 years old and my husband is 26. We have been trying to get pregnant for 5 months. I know that is not very long. I just thought it would be easier. I got of BC 6 months ago. I knew the first three months were not likely to happen but we thought if it did then it did. The part that is fustrating is that I have no idea if I am ovulating, or if everything is okay with me. The first three months getting of BC I still was every 28 days. Then my cycle came every 21 days, and then the last month in 18 days. Now I am up to 27 days. I have been getting some spotting but that is it. I have had nausea and my breasts have gotten bigger, but when I took a pregnancy test it came back negative on day 25 days in. I don't know if the spotting I had is my period, if my cycle is messed up. I was only on BC for 28 months and I had a 7 month break from when my husband was over seas. And then I was oon BC for 18 months before he deployed.
I guess my question is, what do I do now???? And if I go see a doctor to see if something is wrong with me, what kind of appointment do I make. Any and all suggestions are welcomed.

Featuring Experts

Dr. Copland brings scientific understanding, sincerity, and empathy to her medical practice in assisted reproduction.Dr. Copland pursued an undergrad...More

Helpful Tips

trying to conceive tip
My OBGYN Lady Doctor told me to count 10 days from day one of your period... so I just started my period Friday December 2nd, so I will ... More
Was this Helpful?
8 of 8 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Fertility Center