Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Conception
KoolMom10 posted:
I have had a partial hysterectomy in the past due to an ectopic pregnancy. My right fallopian tube was removed in this process. I Am 26 years old and I would like to know how this affects my fertility. I do have periods, however they are not regular and I currently take no birth control. Is this normal, and is there a chance I can still have children.

cubanitas responded:
iv'e had 2 tubal pregnancies the first one they had to cut a hole into and the second bursted, now i have been trying still no birth controls and its been 14 years since my last incident never got pregnant again, i'm now in the process of talking to my GYN to see what are my options and hoping there is a chance of becoming pregnant. by the way i'm 40 years old.

Featuring Experts

Dr. Copland brings scientific understanding, sincerity, and empathy to her medical practice in assisted reproduction.Dr. Copland pursued an undergrad...More

Helpful Tips

New Committee Opinion on Female Fertility TestingExpert
New Guidelines on Fertility Testing! American Society for Reproductive Medicine (ASRM) released a Committee Opinion on evaluation of the ... More
Was this Helpful?
6 of 6 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Fertility Center