Skip to content
plz help
kristylynnlewis posted:
I am 32 years old. Have been pregnant once in my life that ended in a miscarriage. My husband and I want to become parents but it's just not happening. Every test I've had including hormone, pap,ultra sound, etc. all come back good or (within normal limits) I've taken the at home fertility and ovualation tests. I have a pretty normal period every month. I can pin point within 48 hours of next cycle.. What can or do I need to do now??
Mechia responded:
Ask your ob/gyn to perform a "hsg" test. It's an X-ray test that looks at your uterus and Fallopian tubes. They insert a catheter and it has a dye that will flow through your tubes. It will show if you have any blockage or scarring and if you do it will actually push the blockage out. I had this test done last year after a year of nothing. And got prego a month later. I didn't have any blockage just slight scarring.

Also I would take sone Valium before the test is done. You will experience cramping. Nothing like regular cramps. Not everyone is the same but I was in tears. It applies pressure to your uterus etc.

I also wouldn't go to work that day either. Again everyone is different some say they didn't have any pain where others did. I'm a small frame.hope this helps

Featuring Experts

David Walmer, MD, PhD is a reproductive endocrinologist and infertility specialist at Atlantic Reproductive Medicine Specialists . During his 25 year...More

Helpful Tips

TTC Basics you need to know
Ask yourself the following questions: What steps are you using to concieve?? Are your cycles regular? How long have you actively been ... More
Was this Helpful?
6 of 6 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

  • Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Fertility Center