Trying to conceive at 36
An_252360 posted:
I have had 2 miscarriages, one in September and one in November of 2012 (didn't realize the September one was a miscarriage, thought I had a rare false positive and got my regular period, was stressing a lot that month as well). Anyway, went to a new OBGYN in December after the last miscarriage and was told that most likely since I got my period after knowing I was pregnant for only a week, that the fertilized egg did not attach to the uterus. He told me not to panic after expressing my concerns about my age and told me to take 3 months off and try again, if not pregnant by June to come back, that there was minor swelling inside, but could be because of my last period just ending. I have my period regularly, but only cramp on my right side each month. I also have numerous clots that come out during my period, which has occurred for years. Could there be a bigger issue? I am trying to get in to see my Gyno to hopefully find out if there is an issue and why we are not getting pregnant. I feel like time is running out. I try not to think about it too much, but I can't make my mind stop. I'm trying to research and be informed so I can ask the right questions on my next visit, but I feel like such an amature. It's so hard watching everyone around me get pregnant while I sit and worry that it may never happen. I know, I know, I have a tendency to overreact, but any encouragement or help with some questions that I should go over with my doctor would be greatly appreciated.