Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Sigh*
smiley916 posted:
How do you deal with the frustration of wanting to get pregnant and seeing no results, especially when it's so common to see people that aren't trying or don't even want to get pregnant, (or teenagers having oops pregnancies), having it happen to them so easily and effortlessly. Doesn't seem fair. Been trying to get pregnant for about a year now to no avail. Cycles are normal, everything checks out health wise for both him and me...it just hasn't happened.... I'm frustrated and disappointed and I'm not really sure what to do to up my chances.

brandib01 responded:
it is perfectly normal to feel that way. do not feel bad for feeling bad or mad or angry or frustrated.

it is a hard thing to go through. me and my DH tried for 6 years before successfully conceiving and keeping the pg with my son.
i made it through by telling my self the struggle is given to those who can handle it because it will only make them better and more compassionate and appreciative parents.
until it happens the easiest thing to do is continue to maintain a healthy lifestyle. tyou can go to a vitamin shoppe and they make a vitamin called fertility blend for men and fertility blend for women. eventhough you both check out fine it never hurts to take an extra vitamin.
also keep your sugar intake low. my doc told me that a study was done on diabetic women and that those who controlled their sugar intake were 50% more likly to get pg and not miscarry.

they say to live you life as if you are pregnant no smoking keep drinking to a minimum and keep your stress level as low as possible.
theres a lot more little tricks to improve cervical mucous or what not so if you want any addtional info just let me know but im running out od characters lol

candy282 replied to brandib01's response:
I was reading your resonse and saw that there are little tricks to improve cervical mucous. I would like some additional info if you do not mind sharing??? Thank you.

brandib01 replied to candy282's response:
never mind sharing.
i have done some research because with all the fertility treatments i was on i was trying to keep everything else as simple/natural as possible.
like eating lightly salted popcorn and taking a teaspoon i believe of robitussin. not the DM or anything just plain Tussin because it is meant to thin the mucous in your lungs but it thins all the bodies mucous including the lady stuff it suggest to take up to 200mg 3 times a day for 5the 5 days leading up to your ovulation day and for 1 day after. make sure guaifenesin is the only active ingredient but i am pretty sure it is.
also cut back on coffe sodas etc. any acidic foods or drinks.
this can throw off your PH levels and affect the sperm
also tak evening primrose oil fromt he start of your cycle until you ovulate

candy282 replied to brandib01's response:
Thank you very much for sharing. I will have to try this.

Featuring Experts

Dr. Copland brings scientific understanding, sincerity, and empathy to her medical practice in assisted reproduction.Dr. Copland pursued an undergrad...More

Helpful Tips

trying to conceive tip
My OBGYN Lady Doctor told me to count 10 days from day one of your period... so I just started my period Friday December 2nd, so I will ... More
Was this Helpful?
8 of 8 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Fertility Center