Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Trying to Conceive
An_252600 posted:
My husband and I have been trying to conceive for about 6 months now and have had no luck. When my husband ejaculates some of "it" falls out of me. Is this why I am not getting pregnant?

An_250980 responded:
THe same thing is happening to me as well. I hope someone can answer this question

mosskate responded:
Am not a doctor but its possible. av read it severally that one should lay down for some minutes after sex. you can try that also and put pillow ?nder your buttocks. dont be in a hurry to gogo to the loo aftr.most importantly, see your doctor. all the best.

Tryingforalittleone responded:
It may be an issue, but the best bet is to stay still for a while afterwards. When you lay on your back, your uterus is naturally tilted to promote flow towards the egg. Stay laying down between 15-20 min and it may help to place a pillow under your hips. (Place a towel over it if you feel you are losing some of "it")

I have also been told to try to pick up your legs (your bottom against the headboard and feet right up) and crossing your legs at the ankles to try to keep "it" in. One mistake is trying to tighten your kegels - you may actually end up pushing more out.

Featuring Experts

Dr. Copland brings scientific understanding, sincerity, and empathy to her medical practice in assisted reproduction.Dr. Copland pursued an undergrad...More

Helpful Tips

New Committee Opinion on Female Fertility TestingExpert
New Guidelines on Fertility Testing! American Society for Reproductive Medicine (ASRM) released a Committee Opinion on evaluation of the ... More
Was this Helpful?
6 of 6 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Fertility Center