Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Interested in finding out where others are on their TTC journey? Then check out our Weekly List. Confused by all the abbreviations? We Have the Key!
New IVF protocol.
rosecam posted:
I just had my follow-up appointment with RE. After my crazy cycle w/ super-high E2s, 11 eggs retrieved and only 1 fertilized, RE is making a couple of changes.

1. I will now do Menopur instead of Gonal F. Menopur is mixed FSH and LH, while Gonal F is only FSH, so I'm going to a "mixed protocol." Any info on mixed protocols? Anyone use Menopur before?

2. He's adding in ICSI for fertilization. (Not too surprising.)

SO, my calendar:
Starting Lupron today.
Stopping pill Sunday 5/2.
Expect to start stims Saturday 5/8.
Estimated ER Wed 5/19, ET Sat 5/22

Any May cycle buddies left? It looks like lots of the May IVFs turned into June or TAB.

KOOPERSMOM responded:
Hi. I took my last BCP yesterday, had my baseline u/s and blood work today and I start Lupron Thursday and Bravelle/Menopur Saturday. I used the same meds with my first IVF/ICSI and had success!!! Nurse just called with my lab results and everything is a go!

So, I'll be your cycle buddy!! Good luck

Sarah

beckyatmoms responded:
I used Menopur and Gonal F at the same time and ended up with 14 retrieved - 8 were mature and 5 fertilized.

RunJessicaRun responded:
Another cycle buddy here!! I just took my last BCP last night like Sarah (thank goodness those things were turning me into an evil b!#$#), start stims 4/30 estimated ER 5/13 ET 5/18. Go May girls!

I am on a different protocol this time.
#1 IVF: BCP/Lupron/Follistim and Menopur. 11 eggs retrieved, 7 ICSI and 1 at ET
#2 IVF - like #1, but no lupron and ganirelix just before trigger and higher dose follsitim/menopur. They think the lupron caused my 6 embies to not make it and my one to be not good quality.

Rose, as for the menopur I must warn you, when I injected it, it stinged. I told the nurse and she had me up my saline a little bit to dilute and that seemed to help.

rosecam replied to RunJessicaRun's response:
Yay! It's great to hear the success stories with Menopur (even getting lots of embies will be a success after last cycle), and it's nice to have cycle buddies. We should all keep each other updated!

Jessica - thanks for the warning on the menopur. I prefer to know, and if it stings for me I'll make sure to call the nurse.

AprilCB responded:
I could have pushed for May IVF,but choose to due it in June. So I'll be a couple of weeks after you. Good luck! How exciting!

beckyatmoms replied to AprilCB's response:
I agree with Jessica - the menopur did sting. My nurse told me to mix the menopur and let it sit while I did my Gonal F injection and sometimes that makes it sting less - still stung though!

sarahw06219 responded:
I used Bravelle/Menopur for my IVF and got 18 eggs, 15 fertilized with ICSI...and the cycle was successful :)

Good luck!!!

leji1 responded:
good luck with this next cycle. the new changes sound positive. i know we had good success with ICSI. Can't speak about Menopur as I did Gonal F/Repronex with my first cycle.

am planning to move forward with FET as this first IVF is likely a no go.

no1phillygirl responded:
Rose,

I want to wish you the best on this upcoming IVF!! I will be thinking of you.

As for myself,
IVF#1 - BCp, lupron, gonal F/Menapur (1/day) - 8 follicles 6 fert only had 3 to tfr
IVF#2 - lupron, gonal F/menapur(same dose but 2/day) - 11 follicles 8 fert, tfr 5, 3 didn't make it to freeze.

Take care,

Marla

melikib responded:
Good luck Rose! I'll be lurking and following your cycle. I wish we could be CBs this time but I'm out until the end of May I think. We used ICSI on all my eggs too and had great success. I know you're going to have a great cycle with tons of perfect embies and a BFP in a month!
Take care ~Mindi

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm Danielle (30) and my DH, Michael (32) has MFIF. We have been married since Nov 2006. We have been TTC for 3 years with no success. Had our fir...More

Helpful Tips

NEW HOPE TO GET PREGNANT: Mini-IVF less medicine, less cost and very effective
A new hope to fertility problems for all of us, less cost and very effective, learn more visit: www.nhfc.mx. Hope this help!! More
Was this Helpful?
12 of 18 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.