Skip to content

Announcements

Interested in finding out where others are on their TTC journey? Then check out our Weekly List. Confused by all the abbreviations? We Have the Key!
Metformin Question
KittyKatJenn posted:
Hello ladies. Just had a quick question. I have been taking 1500mg of Met for about 2 months now. I was having an issue where I was sick to my stomach, but that is a common side effect and I figured I was not drinking enough water. It comes and goes still, but like I said, common side effect.

For about the last 2 weeks I have been super tired though. Has anyone else experienced this while taking this medication?

Prayforamiracle responded:
Lurking...

I'm not usually on this board, but lurk occasionally. I try to learn as much as possible. I posted because I have the hardest time finding a lot of people here that take Metformin. I have been taking Metformin since May. I don't recall it ever making me very tired, but I'm sure it can affect people differently. I'm not sure if you are ttc right now, but if so would love you for you to stop by this board: http://exchanges.webmd.com/ttc-with-pcos

KittyKatJenn replied to Prayforamiracle's response:
I am ttc right now and have been for almost 6 years. I was on bcp for about 2 in the middle of that though. I have been on that board and then I moved to this one and now I don't know where I belong. I guess I will move back over there though!

fiannakyn replied to KittyKatJenn's response:
I've been on Met for 10 years. I think I've been hit with ever S/E it can throw at me :P

Jenn- Do you have PCOS? Are you having your blood sugars tested? Tiredness is sometimes a sign that your blood surgar is either still too high or now is too low. Try eating some fruit or drink a big glass of juice if you start to feel tired, see if that helps. (in case its your sugars being too low) if that doesnt help, I would ask your doc to do a quick sugar test (or find a diabetic friend who'll let you use their tester) and if its high, you may need to go to 2000mg. (ugg I know)

google "the Metformin Manifesto" for a very well written and informative article about taking Met, from the view of the patient.
Vicky (33) TTC 1 off and on for 10 years. on 7th cycle of Clomid, first monitored. trigger 9/23, follow up scan 9/24. Test 10/9.

KittyKatJenn replied to fiannakyn's response:
Thanks for your response. I do have PCOS. I don't think I am tired from a drop in my blood sugar. I have always had an issue with it and when it drops I completly crash. Like, I need sugar right then or I am gonna pass out.

I am thinking maybe I have low iron right now. I haven't had a problem with my iron for years, but that is what I am thinking.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hello All. My husband and I have been TTC baby # 2 since July 2010 so we are 17 months of trying. I will say it is much easier having my son now. He i...More

Helpful Tips

TTC Abbreviations
2WW: Two-week wait (until you can take a pregnancy test) AF: Aunt Flo(w), your menstrual period AH: Assisted Hatching (Assisting ... More
Was this Helpful?
55 of 56 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.