Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Interested in finding out where others are on their TTC journey? Then check out our Weekly List. Confused by all the abbreviations? We Have the Key!
Jessica
no1phillygirl posted:
I wanted you to know that I'm thinking of you and hoping that your WHAT THE**** appt went.
Marla 41 DH 31 10/08 BFP m/c 11/08
6/09 RE (stage 2 endo)
ivf1 9/09 tfr 3 BFP m/c 11/09
ivf2 2/10 tfr 5 BFP cvs 13wks trisomy(d&e)
ivf3 8/10 tfr 5 BFN
ivf4 10/10 tfr 5 BFN
ivf5 1/11 donor egg

RunJessicaRun responded:
Thanks Marla, I really appreciate it! I haven't been posting much after the BFN and a somewhat depressing Thanksgiving with my SIL's new baby, and I've been sick all week and found out today it is the flu.... ugh!

I was kinda hoping the doc would have some suggestions for a better outcome next time but he didn't. He gave us the donor egg speech. He said he could do another IVF with my OE if we wanted, but with three BFNs and all with crappy embryos he said he didn't expect a better outcome. This is the same thing my other RE said.

He did say he doesn't diagnose me DOR - DOR is when you don't have a lot of eggs, which not my problem. I respond well, make a good amount of eggs and my eggs look good and fertilize well, but they just don't develop well at all. He said there really isn't a diagnosis for that, he just called it something like 'poor ovarian quality' - essentially I have a big pile of eggs but they are not good. He said my 'fertile' window in life was much shorter than most women - in my 20's my eggs were more like a 30 y.o. and in my 30s more like a 40 y.o. He said my problem isn't too common but he's seen it before.

I asked if there was anyway DH's sperm could have a DNA issue and he said we could do some genetic testing on me and DH for a chromosomal issue, so we will do that blood work hopefully next week.

So now DH and I have to decide if we do #4 IVF with OE or move on to DE. I was so for DE last week but now feel 50/50. I think we'll think about it for the next few weeks and make a decision in January. My new insurance kicks in Jan 1 and it covers IVF meds, and we have money in our FSA.

I can't wait to hear about your DE progress. I have a really good feeling for you!!!
Jessica (35) DH (38) TTC since 11/08; ALL CYCLES BFN. 2009: 2 femara cycles, 3 IUIs w/ follistim 2010 IVF1 Mar10, IVF2 May10 - Diagnosed DOR; new RE IVF3 Oct10

chickeedoodle replied to RunJessicaRun's response:
Oh Jessica - I'm so sorry the RE didn't have anything else to tell you. My RE said that if I did another fresh cycle and had a similar outcome she would assume it was an developmental issue with the egg (sounds a lot like what your RE said) She said sometimes an egg can look just fine, but it doesn't "do" fine. I guess it's to be more expected for me (since I'm 40 ).

Again, SO sorry to hear that there was no great solution. I hope that the test show *something* it's so frustrating not knowing why.

I think it's a great idea to give it some thought, before jumping into either decision. Great news about the meds being covered - that's something!!

Hang in there - big (((hugs))) to you.

leji1 replied to RunJessicaRun's response:
Jessica,

Have you thought about doing PGS with your embies? It's our recommended next option with our current RE although I do have a new consult appointment on 12/30.
Ellie 31,DH 32 low morph,TTC 2.75yrs,9/09-12/09 3 Clomid/IUI BFN, 4/10 IVF/ICSI 1 Chemical,7/10 FET BFN,11/10 IVF/ICSI/AH 2

no1phillygirl responded:
Jessica,

I"m in the same situation as you. I have great AFC, stimulate really well, have a great number of good quality embryos but they are just not implanting. At least in my case I know that its my age at 42, but with you it is a lot harder to deal with since you are so young. i'm sorry that you are dealing with this. I wish more than anything that I can still do more cycles with my own eggs but financially it just can't happen. We can't afford to continue to waste more debt on my own eggs. I'm having a hard time dealing with the egg donor route but I"m really hoping that once i get started it will get easier. This waiting sucks.

Try to mak the best of the holidays. I myself can't wait for them to be over yet again.

Take it easy!
Marla 41 DH 31 10/08 BFP m/c 11/08 6/09 RE (stage 2 endo) ivf1 9/09 tfr 3 BFP m/c 11/09 ivf2 2/10 tfr 5 BFP cvs 13wks trisomy(d

Spotlight: Member Stories

i am 29 DH is 27 we have been ttc for 2 years. I have had thyroid problems just before ttc, had to do radioactive treatment and wait for 6 months befo...More

Helpful Tips

NEW HOPE TO GET PREGNANT: Mini-IVF less medicine, less cost and very effective
A new hope to fertility problems for all of us, less cost and very effective, learn more visit: www.nhfc.mx. Hope this help!! More
Was this Helpful?
12 of 18 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.