Skip to content

Announcements

Interested in finding out where others are on their TTC journey? Then check out our Weekly List. Confused by all the abbreviations? We Have the Key!
Vent/Upset
light76 posted:
Hi,
This is just a vent. DH and I have been TTC for 21 months now. We have been through 6 IUIs and now are in between doctors. My last period started on December 4th. I was suppose to start my next cycle on December 31st. Nothing still. I have never been late; I mean some cycles 1-2 days here and there but thats its. Now I am 12 days late. Everyday that went without my period starting I kept getting more and more confident that I was pregnant even though I was getting negative on a HPT. I finally got a blood test and that came out negative for pregancy. I just feel this is so cruel. I mean I was ready mentally that my period will start on 31st December that I am not pregnant and then when my periods didn't start I started building hope and to now know that I am not pregnant. My periods have still not started. I wish my periods had started on time so atleast I would not have built this hope.

Sorry just very depressed today.

AprilCB responded:
one thing you'll learn from this roller coaster is that AF will mess with you every chance she gets. She'll come when you're not expecting her (or worse, when you don't want her) and she won't come when you desperately want her to come. Experience teaches you to just roll with it and try and take the attitude of your body just needs some time to recoup. If you're really concerned, your RE can give you some meds to get the ball rolling.

BTW: After 6 IUI's you need to move on to something else. If you haven't gotten PG in 21 months and did 6 IUI's, you need to get to an RE, stat. Most RE's will tell you after 3 IUIs, additional IUIs are unlikely to work and it's time to move on (probably to IVF). Have you had testing done?
Cherie (36), DH (37), TTC 5 yrs. 1st IUI 11/09, 2nd IUI 1/10, 3rd IUI 2/10 all BFN. 1st IVF ER 6/6/10 ET 6/11/10 BFN. FET 9/28/10, BFP, MC'd 10/25/10

chickeedoodle replied to AprilCB's response:
3 IUI's - wow! All three of my RE's (each a different practice) said 6, since the IUI success rate us roughly 20% . I think I ended up doing so many (10, I think?) because I did get pg twice that way. But after the 1st m/c they said only 3 more IUI's...then onto IVF.

And ditto what Cherie said - IF is a roller coaster. And AF is a meanie when it comes to being cooperative. The b est thing you can do is relax, the more stress the harder it is on your cycles.

Good luck!

light76 replied to chickeedoodle's response:
Thanks for the reply Cherie and chickeedoodle. My next step is IVF but I am changing REs as DH and me are not happy with the one we had. My first appointment with the new RE is on Jan 27th. After that we will know what my next steps are.

Thanks for the support

AprilCB replied to chickeedoodle's response:
Carla, it's probably because you did get PG through IUI. My RE said if you're not PG by the 3rd IUI, it's unlikely to happen that way. So... I can understand doing more than 3 if one or more worked, but just didn't stick. I never got PG with IUI, so after the 3rd one it was time to move onto IVF.
Cherie (36), DH (37), TTC 5 yrs. 1st IUI 11/09, 2nd IUI 1/10, 3rd IUI 2/10 all BFN. 1st IVF ER 6/6/10 ET 6/11/10 BFN. FET 9/28/10, BFP, MC'd 10/25/10

light76 replied to AprilCB's response:
I did 6 IUI because I was on my husband's insurance which covered IUI completely but did not cover IVF at all. This year I went on my company's insurance which covers 80% of IVF treatments upto a certain limit.

I changed my doctor at the last minute and he won't give me an appointment till Jan 27th. So hopefully we will start IVF either in Feb or March or the best thing would be I would get pregnant on my own and won't have to go through any of this.

I reside in NY; anyone from NY here?

Spotlight: Member Stories

Cherie after 5 years of TTC, which included 3 IUI's, 2 fresh IVF's and a FET, baby is due 11/1/11. Don't give up hope. It can work for you...More

Helpful Tips

Want to change font size?
It is easy to make the font bigger press and hold your control key and click on the + key until it's as big as you like, To make the ... More
Was this Helpful?
13 of 24 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.