Skip to content

Announcements

Interested in finding out where others are on their TTC journey? Then check out our Weekly List. Confused by all the abbreviations? We Have the Key!
Acupuncture?
jbird823 posted:
Who has done it before and any thoughts about it? I've never done it but have heard great things so I decided as a last ditch effort for my lining, to go in today and maybe a few more times before ET next week Thursday. I figure, I have nothing to lose and maybe I'll actually relax a little. I've been under sooo much stress at work and now worrying about upcoming ET next week, I'm a big mess! If I could take more time off of work, I would but it's not possible right now. Just looking forward to my 4 days of bedrest following ET
Janet (33)DH (34) M/C 10/05
Clomid/IUI DD born 9/6/06
8/07 ruptured ectopic lost left tube
11/09 Clomid/IUI BFN
12/09 Clomid/IUI chem.pregnancy
6/10 right ectopic
IVF 10/10 BFN
FET Jan '11

Hypnautica responded:
I tried it and didnt have any luck with it what so ever. I actually went to a chinese lady who actually learned in China to do acupuncture. The 1st lady I went to really didnt know what she was doing. She put the needles in the same exact palce everytime and all she preached about was me becoming a vegan. Anyway the Chinese lady was really good as far as asking questions everytime I went in. I just became tired of it and took the money I was paying them and got a gym membership lol. Anyway I read alot of good things about it and how it helps with infertility. I just got tired of it and didnt wait to see if anything would help or not. It is worth a shot if the person is good and knows what they are doing. Keep us updated how everything is going.

AprilCB responded:
Janet, the one and only time that I have ever been PG was when I did acupuncture with the cycle. The woman I went to specializes in IF. She did a study on acu and IF. She actually devised a specialized plan which uses electro-acu and traditional acu. In her study, this combo protocol resulted in over 80% success rate of the participants getting PG. I have heard mixed results of people using acu. I can't be certain the acu helped my FET work, but it certainly didn't hurt. She recommends no less than 12 treatments before ET, so that's what I did. It was tough getting them all in before ET, but I did. I'm going to start going again soon in prep for my next fresh cycle. But I'm only going to go 6 times this time (hoping for a residual effect from the last cycle).
Cherie (36), DH (37), TTC 5 yrs. 1st IUI 11/09, 2nd IUI 1/10, 3rd IUI 2/10 all BFN. 1st IVF ER 6/6/10 ET 6/11/10 BFN. FET 9/28/10, BFP, MC'd 10/25/10

chickeedoodle responded:
I did a protocol for many weeks in advance of my ER/ET. I got pg, and my lining was really thick.

I'd suggest going to someone who specializes in infertility and let them know about your lining concerns. I don't have any idea ho fast it can work for you, but like you said you have nothing to lose. Good luck!

chzqueen responded:
I am doing acupuncture now to try to concieve. I have 10 treatments during the cycle. We are saving for IVF in hopefully June but still giving it the old college try at home. I really love my Acupuncturist. She is an older Chineese lady that is so calming and encouraging. The treatments have helped me sleep and calm down. If it works for us great if not I get to relax 2x a week for about an hour each time. Its less expensive then a massage and she has helped about 65 couples during IVF. I plan on doing it during our cycle also. I like it and it will not hurt.
Heather (40) Fiancee ( 41) TTC 12 months. Full RE workup in Oct. Hystoscopy found a septum that was removed. Diagnosed DOR. Trying to decide IUI or IVF and get the money together for them.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Sarah (26) DH (27) Married in June 2006. We have 2 furbabies. TTC since February 2008. DH's and my tests are all normal. =unexplained IF 3 fai...More

Helpful Tips

NEW HOPE TO GET PREGNANT: Mini-IVF less medicine, less cost and very effective
A new hope to fertility problems for all of us, less cost and very effective, learn more visit: www.nhfc.mx. Hope this help!! More
Was this Helpful?
12 of 18 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.