Skip to content

Announcements

Interested in finding out where others are on their TTC journey? Then check out our Weekly List. Confused by all the abbreviations? We Have the Key!
Green Light
AprilCB posted:
So I had my Mock Transfer and Office Hystoscopy on Thursday. The Dr said he couldn't ask for better b/w and all my numbers came back really good. I didn't get specifics, I'll probably get specifics next week.

He did the Mock Transfer and said my bladder wasn't that full, but nevertheless, they could see just fine and it went smoothly. When he was doing it I thought I saw a little spot on the us that suggested there was something inside me, because it looked a lot like what RE#1 showed me when he transferred the embies into me. But the Dr didn't say anything, so I didn't think to much about it, particularly since I knew they were about to stick a camera inside me. Anyway, it was interesting how the Mock Transfer went, because I felt like it wasn't even as bad as a pap. With both of my ETs I remember having ALOT of discomfort and pain during the transfer. I asked my DH and he said yes, I remember that too. But the Mock Transfer was nothing. Not even a little bit of cramping. The worst part was the insertion of the speculum. So maybe this is a good sign, because I always felt I had a lot of cramping after all of my IUIs and ET's and felt that that may be contributing to the failures.

On to the Office Hystoscopy. So next they inserted the camera and he explained to me what we were seeing as he inserted it. This was actually pretty cool. Not that I ever cared to see my vagina, but seeing inside was cool. My Dad was a science guy and he would have thought it pretty cool too (not that I would have had him there). Anyway, he gets inside and finds the opening to both of my tubes. It was just two little holes on each side of my uterus, but it was very clear they were there. He looked around and everything looked really good. I'm no Dr, but I thought everything looked really healthy, until... "WHAT IS THAT?! Please don't be cancer" (warning, possible TRIGS coming) I didn't actually say it out loud, but I sure thought it. I had a small moment of panic and he says, that, I don't know what that is, but it's not a polp because those are pink and this is yellow, which suggests dead tissue. He looks around a little more and I ask him if it could be leftover from the mc and he said possibly. He decided to see if he could knock it loose using the camera and I could feel him doing it. It didn't really hurt, but I could feel it. He said if he can't get it loose, I'll have to have a D&C and he wants to spare me that. Fortunately, he got it loose. He says, ok, you'll pass it in a few days, you may or may not notice it because it's small (it looked HUGE on the screen). He removes the camera and says, from what we know about you, it's most likely dead fetal material from your PG because it was yellow and dead cells are yellow. But since you've never had this done before, we can't be certain it wasn't there before. It's gone now and your uterus looks like the perfect environment for a baby to grow, you've got the green light to move forward. I said so I'll have ER/ET in about 2, 3 weeks. He said yes. The nurse came in and on the 20th I'll have my IVF intake meeting. I may be starting some meds as early as the 18th, depending on what they all decide at my review meeting (where all the Dr's discuss my case and decide the best way to proceed). The nurse is a little freaked out because they think they know what protocol they're going to use and that protocol requires me to start meds early next week and the nurse is a little freaked out that I won't get my meds in time. She can't order them early, because she doesn't know for certain that's the protocol I'm going to use, they won't know until Monday afternoon. Estimated ER week of 2/6

The really weird thing is, I am not stressed out about this at all. I'm not the least bit worried about getting my meds in time. I feel really laid back and lackadaisical about the whole thing. I don't feel nervous or anxious or excited or anything. I feel like it is what it is. Weird.
Cherie (36), DH (37), TTC 5 yrs. 1st IUI 11/09, 2nd IUI 1/10, 3rd IUI 2/10 all BFN.  1st IVF ER 6/6/10 ET 6/11/10 BFN.  FET 9/28/10, BFP, MC'd 10/25/10

AprilCB responded:
I know, I'm writing a book, sorry...

So I'm really glad I got the 2nd opinion and went with the 2nd Dr because either the 1st one did treatments with that there or he was going to.

I have a theory about what happened. I think both embies took, one stronger than the other. The stronger one is the one I lost and was most likely the most viable, because I'm sure I saw it in the toilet when I MC'd. I think my HCG problems were because the other one was still there and still alive, but wasn't as strong as the 1st one. The 1st one made it look like I had a good PG with the HCG levels, but when I lost it, the HCG dropped to show I had MC and the 2nd one continued to grow, but was never viable in the first place, causing the weird HCG issues. Not that anyone has suggested this to me, but after giving it some thought, I think that's what happened. I always suspected a 2nd embie growing inside me from the start of my HCG issues. Maybe because the 2nd one wasn't healthy to begin with, it was sucking up all the baby making resources in an effort to survive and ended up effecting the 1st one. Obviously I have no way of knowing anything, but it kinda makes some sense to me.

At any rate, I like my new dr better. I even got a little ticked at him at my appointment because he made me wait so long, but as soon as he came in the room, I let it all go because I felt like even though he was behind schedule at least 30 to 45 minutes he was going to take his time with me and spend as much time with me as I needed him to. I didn't feel that way with the other dr. He even said the reason he was so late with me was because he had a patient with very high FSH and she had a ton of questions. When he said that I thought "you know, I can't fault him, because if it were me, I'd want the same attention".
Cherie (36), DH (37), TTC 5 yrs. 1st IUI 11/09, 2nd IUI 1/10, 3rd IUI 2/10 all BFN. 1st IVF ER 6/6/10 ET 6/11/10 BFN. FET 9/28/10, BFP, MC'd 10/25/10

KOOPERSMOM replied to AprilCB's response:
Sounds like you are going into this with a great attitude :) I think you may be right about your thinking on the HCG and the yellow tissue you saw. Makes sense to me.

I'm glad you like your new RE. I am hoping for the best for you Cherie. You've been waiting a long time.
Sarah(35), DH(35), IVF/ICSI 1 DS-Kooper(2 years), IVF/ICSI 2 BFP with M/C at 9.5 weeks. IVF3 BFN. FET(1 little blast) Jan

chickeedoodle responded:
Yah Cherie!! Time is going to fly by - before you know it you will be in your 2ww!
:)

Susan1777 responded:
Congrats on the green light, Cherie! I'm glad that it seems like you finally got some answers about the m/c cycle and the weird betas....your hunch makes total sense to me.
It certainly sounds like you're relaxed enough to get this cycle going and have a great, positive attitude. Good luck!!!
Was on ITSG since May of 2004....due to PCOS, tubal, and male factor issues, 5 years of TTC, numerous surgeries, IUI's, and 3 IVF's later, our little girl, Shelby, was born on 5/29/09.

no1phillygirl responded:
Wow Cherie I can't believe that you will be starting your cycle so quickly. I'm so happy for you and hoping that this will be your cycle. I'm glad that you are happy with your RE.
Marla 41 DH 31 10/08 BFP m/c 11/08 6/09 RE (stage 2 endo) ivf1 9/09 tfr 3 BFP m/c 11/09 ivf2 2/10 tfr 5 BFP cvs 13wks trisomy(d

Spotlight: Member Stories

DH-34 Me34 Tubes Tied after DD birth in 2007 IVF #1 8/11-Cycle Cancelled due to Premature Ovulation on Lupron IVF #2 10/11- 17 eggs, 13 embryos, 3dt, ...More

Helpful Tips

NEW HOPE TO GET PREGNANT: Mini-IVF less medicine, less cost and very effective
A new hope to fertility problems for all of us, less cost and very effective, learn more visit: www.nhfc.mx. Hope this help!! More
Was this Helpful?
12 of 18 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.