Skip to content

Announcements

Interested in finding out where others are on their TTC journey? Then check out our Weekly List. Confused by all the abbreviations? We Have the Key!
got my FET calendar today...
KOOPERSMOM posted:
Holy IM shots! They have me taking estrogen on Mon an Thurs and then adding PIO sometimes 2x day. Anyone know if the estrogen and PIO can be mixed? That's a lot of shots. Add the lupron sub q and OUCH! Plus progesterone suppositories I think after FET.

It looks confusing and more involved than a fresh cycle.

SHG is on Wed and I am so paranoid that I'm gonna have a polyp. I don't even wanna think about what I will do if I have one. I'm super worried.

Hope everyone's having a good weekend!
Sarah(35), DH(35), IVF/ICSI 1 DS-Kooper(2 years), IVF/ICSI 2 BFP with M/C at 9.5 weeks. IVF3 BFN. FET(1 little blast) Jan

jbird823 responded:
Yeah for a calendar Sarah! When do they anticipate ET? I have been doing estrogen IM nightly since 1/3 and will continue through beta and maybe even after. The dose has been increased every few days and tomorrow, I should be adding PIO but will know after I see RE. I'm hoping tonight is my last dose of Lupron.

Good luck with your SHG-I'll be praying everything looks good and you can move forward. Keep us posted.
Janet (33)DH (34) M/C 10/05 Clomid/IUI DD born 9/6/06 8/07 ruptured ectopic lost left tube 11/09 Clomid/IUI BFN 12/09 Clomid/IUI chem.pregnancy 6/10 right ectopic IVF 10/10 BFN FET Jan '11

chickeedoodle responded:
I have no idea if you can mix your meds, good luck with those shots, and I am keeping my fingers crossed for you and your 1 frostie!!

KOOPERSMOM replied to jbird823's response:
Janet, they estimated ET to be Friday March 4th. They always do FET on a Friday, which works great for me! Seems like a lot longer process than I expected. I'm sure it will go by fast after I start everything. Just gotta get through the SHG first to make sure I'll be a go.
Sarah(35), DH(35), IVF/ICSI 1 DS-Kooper(2 years), IVF/ICSI 2 BFP with M/C at 9.5 weeks. IVF3 BFN. FET(1 little blast) Jan

KOOPERSMOM replied to chickeedoodle's response:
Thanks Carla. How are you????

Susan1777 responded:
No clue on whether you can mix the meds or not...I only had pill estrogen for my FET's, so don't know about that. I'm sure it just sounds like a lot, but once you get the first day or two down, it won't be so bad.
Good luck no the SHG (can't tell you not to worry, lol) AND on your FET!
Was on ITSG since May of 2004....due to PCOS, tubal, and male factor issues, 5 years of TTC, numerous surgeries, IUI's, and 3 IVF's later, our little girl, Shelby, was born on 5/29/09.

KOOPERSMOM replied to Susan1777's response:
Thanks Susan! You always step in for a good mood booster when I need it!

I'll for sure let you guys know how the SHG goes on Wed.

Susan1777 replied to KOOPERSMOM's response:
Lol, that's why I didn't post at all last week (you guys didn't need that mood, lol).
Just a hunch, but I would think that you can't mix the estro and the progest (just thinking if the progest is in oil and the estro isn't, that it wouldn't mix).....can't hurt to ask though (always nice to save a bruise if you can ).
Was on ITSG since May of 2004....due to PCOS, tubal, and male factor issues, 5 years of TTC, numerous surgeries, IUI's, and 3 IVF's later, our little girl, Shelby, was born on 5/29/09.

no1phillygirl responded:
Congrats on getting your calender. Good luck with the HSG.
Marla 41 DH 31 10/08 BFP m/c 11/08 6/09 RE (stage 2 endo) ivf1 9/09 tfr 3 BFP m/c 11/09 ivf2 2/10 tfr 5 BFP cvs 13wks trisomy(d

jlhill88 responded:
Best of luck on Wednesday! Keep us posted on how everything goes!

Jennifer
Jennifer(22) DH(24), TTC over 18 months for our first child, First IVF/ICSI cycle-started BCPs 11-19-10, ER 01/13/11, ET 01/18/2011-Transfered 2 day 5 blastocysts. 1st BETA on 02/01/2011.

AprilCB responded:
I don't think you should mix the PIO with anything. I think it would be a bad idea.
Cherie (36), DH (37), TTC 5 yrs. 1st IUI 11/09, 2nd IUI 1/10, 3rd IUI 2/10 all BFN. 1st IVF ER 6/6/10 ET 6/11/10 BFN. FET 9/28/10, BFP, MC'd 10/25/10

mamacrabb responded:
Goodness! That is a lot! I would think that you shouldn't mix them but it can't hurt to ask. Progesterone suppositories are definitely easier (I had to do suppositories the first trimester with my second daughter) but messy and itchy (sorry TMI). I had to do PIO weekly during the third trimester. I am dreading daily....OUCH!

You had your HSG on Wed? How did it go?
Alicia (26) DH (26) Endometriosis and tubal factor Currently saving for IVF -------- DD 11/2006 Angel baby 2/2006 DD 5/2003 Check out my new blog! http://consumedbyendo.blogspot.com/

Spotlight: Member Stories

We've been trying to conceive since late 2009. I'm now 38 and hubby is now 39. After 6 months, we both started getting tested and everything c...More

Helpful Tips

NEW HOPE TO GET PREGNANT: Mini-IVF less medicine, less cost and very effective
A new hope to fertility problems for all of us, less cost and very effective, learn more visit: www.nhfc.mx. Hope this help!! More
Was this Helpful?
12 of 18 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.