Skip to content

Announcements

Interested in finding out where others are on their TTC journey? Then check out our Weekly List. Confused by all the abbreviations? We Have the Key!
Hi Ladies!
mamacrabb posted:
I've been MIA for a little while. Things have been a little hectic here. We got slammed with snow last week (and another ice storm as we speak) and my sister in law was induced on Friday and ended up delivering via c section on Saturday evening. We had the pleasure of keeping her older three children, who are still here. So with our nieces, nephew, and my two daughters, we have a full house!

Anyway, I have to read through some older posts to see how everyone is doing. I hope all is well. AFM, we go to New York on Monday for our first visit for the IVF clinical trial. Praying that AF is on time so we don't have to reschedule our visit!
Alicia (27) DH (27)
Endometriosis and tubal factor
--------
DD 5/2003
DS, M/C 2/2006
DD 11/2006
--------
IVF 1 3/2011

Check out my new blog! http://consumedbyendo.blogspot.com/
FirstPrevious12NextLast

beckyatmoms responded:
Good luck. We must not live too far away from each other because we are having an ice storm as we speak too.
Becky (34) DH (30) TTC for over 2 years. MFIF DS(11) DD(4) IVF1 3/10 BFN IVF2 2/11

keshai responded:
where in NYC are you going for your IVF clinical trial?? Good luck.

mamacrabb replied to beckyatmoms's response:
Becky, I'm in Maryland. Looks like we'll get some more this weekend too. Grrrrr! I'm ready for spring!

Keshai, It's New Hope Fertility Center, at 58th and 8th. There are a ton of IVF Clinical Trials all over the country. I found others in Washington DC and Philadelphia but I don't qualify for those because I'm not old enough.
Alicia (27) DH (27) Endometriosis and tubal factor -------- DD 5/2003 DS, M/C 2/2006 DD 11/2006 -------- IVF 1 3/2011 Check out my new blog! http://consumedbyendo.blogspot.com/

mamacrabb responded:
Second attempt at replying. What's up with WebMD?????

Becky, I'm in Maryland. Looks like we'll be getting more by Saturday. Grrrrr! I'm ready for spring!!!!!!

Keshai, We are going to New Hope Fertility Center at 58th and 8th. I found IVF clinical trials all of the country, there are two closer to me, in DC and Philadelphia but I don't qualify because I'm not old enough :( Thanks, I'm nervous about commuting 3 hours to NYC but it'll be worth it for free IVF! Crossing my fingers that we are accepted!
Alicia (27) DH (27) Endometriosis and tubal factor -------- DD 5/2003 DS, M/C 2/2006 DD 11/2006 -------- IVF 1 3/2011 Check out my new blog! http://consumedbyendo.blogspot.com/

beckyatmoms replied to mamacrabb's response:
I'm in Maryland too :) I am so over this weather....come on spring!
Becky (34) DH (30) TTC for over 2 years. MFIF DS(11) DD(4) IVF1 3/10 BFN IVF2 2/11

keshai replied to mamacrabb's response:
Wow New hope??? i live here in NYC about 20mins from the New Hope Center and can i ever get through to anyone to give me some answers Nooooo!!! I have an Appointment with my RE tomorrow and I had to think long and hard today about going out of pocket for this or waiting on someone from New Hope to return my call. Well DH said we should just have faith and go out of pocket because this is getting me so worried and fustrated

mamacrabb replied to keshai's response:
AF showed today so I had to reschedule. I called and someone called me right back, after hours! It's that screening number I tell you. I am now going on Thursday instead of Monday. We are taking a bus and I have to navigate the subway. It looks easy but I don't know NYC at all and have never been on a subway so I am nervous! I may be asking you for advice Keshai!

Becky, It's only Feb 1st and the kids are already going to school until June 15th! Spring needs to come early! What clinic are you at? Shady Grove?

keshai replied to mamacrabb's response:
I wasnt done writing on my post and my computer just shut down...;-( anyways i will be seeing my RE tomorrow at 12pm , so we'll just go out of pocket , i just see it as a sign when i dont get through to anyone so i will see how this goes.
ask me anything about getting here,i will help!!!

beckyatmoms replied to mamacrabb's response:
Alicia - Yes, I am going to Shady Grove (isn't everyone around this area :) Luckily in our county they had 6 snow days built into their calendar but yesterday was their 6th so I'm hoping they are done!

mamacrabb replied to beckyatmoms's response:
I went to Shady Grove first, and I was not impressed with the doctor. My main concern was getting rid of my pelvic pain first and he wanted to jump right to IVF. So I went to a clinic in Delaware and LOVED the RE. She did surgery in the fall and removed a TON of endo and adhesions. For the first time in 17 years, I am pain free! I wish I could afford to do IVF with them but we aren't in a position to do it right now. So we are going for the study. Because Shady Grove has a satellite office 30 minutes away from me, I called them yesterday to see if I could do my local monitoring there. I was told that I could but it would be $450 per visit, that they won't bill my insurance if I am not doing the full cycle there. My insurance will cover monitoring so I called my RE and am doing it there. It's 45 minutes away so still not bad.

Maria0321 replied to mamacrabb's response:
Hi Alicia,
I was just wondering what you thought of New Hope. I think you said that you were going today. I am actually a patient with them and was there today for egg retrieval. I have nothing but good things to say about the staff and hope that you had a good experience. Let me know if you have any questions.
Maria(35),DH(35)

keshai replied to Maria0321's response:
hello Maria , saw that you are a patient at New Hope. I would like to participate in the Micro IVF trial i have already done the online screening but has not received a call from anyone and when i do call i can never seem to get through to anyone there. Do you have any idea as to what i can do????

Maria0321 replied to keshai's response:
Hi Keshai,
Thats weird, are you calling the West Side Office. That is where I go and they are pretty good at getting back to you. I am not doing the trial, I dont know if there are different people working on that then the usual staff. I would also send them an email request, they usually respond right away to emails. Good luck, keep me posted.
Maria(35),DH(35)

no1phillygirl responded:
Alicia, I hope that all went well with your trip to NY to see the RE. Please let us know how you are doing.
Marla 41 DH 31 10/08 BFP m/c 11/08 6/09 RE (stage 2 endo) ivf1 9/09 tfr 3 BFP m/c 11/09 ivf2 2/10 tfr 5 BFP cvs 13wks trisomy(d

Spotlight: Member Stories

My DH and I have been married since 2003 and have been trying for a baby since 2004. I recently lost over 80 pounds, while DH was in Iraq, and when he...More

Helpful Tips

Want to change font size?
It is easy to make the font bigger press and hold your control key and click on the + key until it's as big as you like, To make the ... More
Was this Helpful?
13 of 24 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.