Skip to content

Announcements

Interested in finding out where others are on their TTC journey? Then check out our Weekly List. Confused by all the abbreviations? We Have the Key!
Janet...
KOOPERSMOM posted:
I think you are the only other person who has used injectable estrogen. I am on Delestrogen (is that what you took?) and yesterday was my first dose. Today I started having some watery, pink spotting. Did you have that? If you google the side effects it talks about how you should call your Dr right away if you have abnormal vaginal bleeding but then it goes on to say that breakthrough bleeding is a side effect. Just curious if you experienced that?
Sarah(36), DH(35), IVF/ICSI 1 DS-Kooper(2 years), IVF/ICSI 2 BFP with M/C at 9.5 weeks. IVF3 BFN. FET(1 little blast) Feb-March

jbird823 responded:
That's what I was on as well. What is your starting dose? I never experienced any spotting but just had horrible headaches each time the dose was increased which was about every 3-4 days. Are you going to call your RE? Did they tell you why they have you taking delestrogen and not estrace? I know every protocol is different-just curious. Good luck. When is your transfer?

KOOPERSMOM replied to jbird823's response:
I am on 0.3cc every Monday and Thursday, so I've only had one dose. I have no idea why I'm taking the Delestrogen and not estrace. It seems like everyone else uses estrace. Did your RE give you a reason?

My transfer is supposed to be Friday, March 4th. I go this Friday for b/w and then Tues for an u/s and as for now that's all the RE visits that I know of until FET.

Thanks for responding!
Sarah(36), DH(35), IVF/ICSI 1 DS-Kooper(2 years), IVF/ICSI 2 BFP with M/C at 9.5 weeks. IVF3 BFN. FET(1 little blast) Feb-March

jbird823 replied to KOOPERSMOM's response:
My RE only uses delestrogen when patients have problems with adequate lining which is totally me. I was taking it daily and started at .2cc and eventually was up to .6cc daily. Obviously it didn't seem to help my lining so much but it could have been those 5 days where I didn't have the right dose and had to take a small concentrated dose daily. My E2 a week before I was cancelled was over 3,000! Wonder if that is why I haven't gotten AF and I'm on CD 50!

Spotlight: Member Stories

DH-34 Me34 Tubes Tied after DD birth in 2007 IVF #1 8/11-Cycle Cancelled due to Premature Ovulation on Lupron IVF #2 10/11- 17 eggs, 13 embryos, 3dt, ...More

Helpful Tips

NEW HOPE TO GET PREGNANT: Mini-IVF less medicine, less cost and very effective
A new hope to fertility problems for all of us, less cost and very effective, learn more visit: www.nhfc.mx. Hope this help!! More
Was this Helpful?
12 of 18 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.